I Can’t Stop Laughing. According To This Chart, l Am Upper-Class! What Are You?

Anyone attempting to eat peas in any way other than safely in the curve of the inverted fork is showing a very low I.Q. in my opinion! :rofl:

3 Likes

Definitely lower class. We have a collie…:frowning:

2 Likes

I eat my peas with honey;
I’ve done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps them on the knife

3 Likes

I appear to tend toward lower class, but I know how to hold my knife properly!

Out of interest, what class of people even bother looking at the Daily Mail ? :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t like that idea,
it makes the peas too sweet.
Sweet peas are fine in vases,
But they’re not much good to eat.

5 Likes

Mel, l think it appeared in other newspapers too.

1 Like

Personally I’d only have put it on here if it was in a more highbrow paper Art. Got to keep ones standards up!

1 Like

What Newspapers Do The Royal Family Read?

In addition to the Daily Express, The Daily Mail, The Daily Mirror, The Evening Standard, The Telegraph, The Times, and The Sun, there are other newspapers in the rota.

3 Likes

I’m like the Queen I browse all the papers :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t think she dare read any, these days. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Don’t know if it’s still true but newspapers used to be very good for cleaning windows and car windscreens. Think it was something to do with the acidity of the ink.

Depending on the meal I tend toward the Asian thing of preferring a spoon and fork to a knife and fork.

Obviously if meat needs cutting a knife is needed (though you could cut it up before serving) but for most other meals a spoon and fork is better.

What happened to the spoon and pusher?!

1 Like

Is that a pub?

You are daft!! :joy::joy:

1 Like

That means BS , right ?
I agree. Crazy assumption.

What can I say?
Donald duck

1 Like

Hi

The Social Norms of eating.

Very important in Polite Society and when having an Interview.

Especially important in Officer Candidates for the Armed Forces and in Private Banking.

I know that eating peas on the back of the fork, you have to stab them, is the right thing to do.

I learnt this by watching the posh ones from Private Schools when we had a meal at the end of Day 1 of interviews.

The most intelligent, highest scoring applicant was dismissed from day two for asking for ketchup.

The British Disease, we are not a meritocracy , you have to be part of the club.

Your comments about eating peas correctly brought back memories Harbal…my mum was a real stickler for table manners and always insisted we used our fork correctly…I dreaded those dinners with peas…we had holes in our shoes and perfect table manners :slight_smile:

1 Like