How do you keep fit and healthy?

How do you keep fit and healthy - do you eat healthy? Exercise? Make your own food? Have an active job? :101:

I walk for miles, love my local park with it’s huge lake where I can feed the ducks and then on to squirrel’s wood.

I’m looking for a house so it’s street walking for now checking them all out, I eat quite healthily, lovely veggie stir fry dishes, plenty of fresh veg too but I refuse to give up my treats, Asda’s milk chocolate bars, yummy:-)

I don’t think I am fit and healthy these days although I do all the right things with regard to eating and taking exercise.

I guess with some of us when we reach a certain age a lifetimes wear and tear, our genes and misuse catch up with us .

I am fitter and healthier than I was but I am a work in progress and walking is my try to get fit choice. Eating I am eating healthier but I have my moments ben and jerrys is half price in Tesco !!!

I couldn’t run a marathon but I manage to walk about 1.5 miles 3 times a week, dig my garden, clean our windows on the outside and I rarely ail anything.

I eat healthily mostly with the odd treat occasionally, I’ve been a gym member for around 10yrs tho circuit training now, less boring, I also do a part time job that keeps me moving.
I’m a person that likes to be ‘doing’ something so all in all I keep fairly fit for my age.

I try and walk for 1 hr a day if I can, but I have Sciatica down my left leg which makes me stop and start. I eat healthy three meals a day, mostly chicken with vegetables and lots of fruit, I do drink a lot of water or Green Tea. I do light exercises indoors.

I too have Sciatica in my leg and walking has been really painful at times unless I’ve taken all of my pain meds but now since I’ve been using my new Tens machine I haven’t any pain whatsoever, it’s like a miracle!!

I think I (we) eat healthily, the only tinned food I buy is baked beans and I threw my frying pan out years ago.
My eating sin is Magnums but I look on them as a treat :blush:

I can’t walk too far before my back starts aching, it also starts to ache if I am stood still too long. I do have an exercise bike which I will use occasionally when I need to lose a pound …or two…or three.

I do all the gardening including digging, cleaning inside windows (we have a window cleaner for the outside), housework etc. My husband does the ironing due to me being unable to stand still for long.

Thankfully health-wise, other than my back, I consider myself quite healthy.

Until I broke my ankle I kept reasonably fit with swimming & walking.
Hoping to get back to full steam soon.:slight_smile:

Had a Tunturi cycle for thirty years (spares still available) and am on my third rowing machine. Keep a log of activity. Not enough walking though. Mrs Dobra is strict with the diet though…

I do a mix of exercise, pilates, aqua fit and a bit of low impact aerobics to 60’s and 70’s music. My stamina has improved a lot and is better than it was in my 30’s I think but of course there are the joint problems that come with age.
I think that keeping as mobile as possible is the best way even if the body protests.

I eat healthy home prepared meals, walk 2 - 3 miles per day - usually early morning when the air is still fresh, do the Times crossword everyday to shake up the grey matter, read a lot, have several hobbies, socialize with my friends as often as possible - and sleep like a log!

I have been a slob for four years since Jenny passed away. One of the factors in my decision to buy the place I am downsizing to is that it is 5 minutes walk to the leisure centre. I even bought a pair of gym short,two pairs of swimming trunks and a pair of new trainers last Saturday

I exercise hard every day and here is how for those starting out. When using a computer put your hand on the mouse and push forward and if able pull it back again. Simple?
When you have mastered that try increasing it to doing it twice a day for a week.
By this time your hand and arm movement should have improved.
Next week try the same with the other hand for again a week.

Mastered that? then continue pushing and pulling the mouse several times a day to keep the fitness regime up.

I even bought a pair of gym short,two pairs of swimming trunks and a pair of new trainers last Saturday Unquote

Who for :blush: the mind boggles;-)

For me!!-I used to have decent pecs-now I could fit a bra for the man boobs.

I have an active job, I walk a lot, cycle a lot and do a regular Zumba class.

I cook from scratch healthy balanced meals, no desserts (unless entertaining) or special meals out.

Hi All, just joined this forum for primarily to find 50+ people who try to get or stay fit. I’ve managed to lose a lot of weight, and am trying to get into weight training. At the moment I’m going 3-4 times a week. Foodwise I keep a check on the amount I eat by using ‘My fitness pal’ App.
It allows you to keep a check on calories and nutrition.

Hi Brian and welcome :slight_smile: well done you…