How do you keep fit and healthy?

Thanks Meg, I’m enjoying doing something positive, was a couch potato for too long. Only thing is have a few more aches the morning after though :slight_smile:

I know the feeling Brian having spent two days tidying up the garden and hauling the waste to the tip :slight_smile: equal to weight lifting I think .

Think you’re probably right Meg! I’m sure your little dog lends a paw though :slight_smile:

I buy a bag of Salt N Shake crisps once a week for my weekly workout ;-):lol:

I swim around 50-60 lengths Monday to Friday in the early morning. I also walk with the dog for a couple of hours around lunch time and we go to agility twice a week, that little lot keeps me fit-ish. I try to eat healthy but like Julie …I too have my moments. I think my days of being a size 12 are long gone. :cry:

Hi Roxy, sorry for late response, have been away on a late holiday. Wow 50-60 lengths, phew makes me tired thinking about it. Had a little dog till a couple of weeks ago but we had to have her put to sleep. :frowning: very sad.
May get another one. Miss her.
Keep swimming and jogging, all good stuff

Sounds like your definitely in the zone Brian. Well done for making such an effort. I swim five times a week. When you find what’s right for you then you’re more likely to stick with it.

Hi Alice, thanks for the vote of confidence. I pretty much enjoy trying it (most of the time.) a little worried with Christmas coming upon us and the temptation to eat & drink a little too much will be a downfall.
Swimming 5 times a week is fantastic, well done! :slight_smile:

Even if you gain a pound or two over Christmas, I’m sure it’ll come off again in January!

I feel better after a swim - as if I’ve made an effort lol.

I’m sure it will Alice, haven’t come this far to throw it all away.
Hope your swim went well today :slight_smile:

I’ve got two young dogs who keep me fit and half an acre of garden to maintain so there’s always something to keep me active and busy. And I’ve lots of hobbies and interests to keep me occupied in the winter when we’re largely confined to the house.

[SIZE=“6”]There you go.[/SIZE]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/Victorsmate/Christmasexercise.jpg

I walk everywhere (don’t drive)…Use My treadmill when weather’s bad,and some low impact aerobics on dvd…I keep My mind fit and healthy too by not arguing with Everyone on Social Sites ;~)

May I think treadmills are great. I’d love to hire one again. I walk and swim in between times. Swim during the week, then walk at weekend. The leisure club I swim at has a gym. I should maybe take advantage of the treadmill, but I go before work and don’t have time for both. Yes, the arguing on social network sites does do your head in sometimes :shock:. You need the patience of a saint at times, but that’s the way of these sites :shock:. I just try to take a deep breath in and exhale, deep breath in and exhale… :wink:

Hi Alice, I only really go swimming when on holiday, although my local leisure centre where I use the gym has got a nice pool. I think I got disheartened when overtaken by an octogenarian last time I went. I do love the weight training though, don’t go too mad, although I wish I had started a few years back. It’s a nice atmosphere, not full of meat head show offs, and many 50+. Us matures have still got it lol

Brian there’s a few octogenarians at my leisure club, but they’re more interested in the sauna and steam room. There are octogenarians in my walking club and they’d put you to shame. They’ve been walkers for years and are so fit. Hope I get to be like that.

I’m sure there are Alice, but I was trying my hardest to beat him :slight_smile:
You must be very fit, gym & walking club wow!
Plus all the other things from your other thread,’ one for the men’
Sensitive, kind , generous and I can’t remember the last one I wrote :slight_smile:

lol take me with a pinch of salt!! I’m so not like I’ve made it out to be. I don’t go skinny dipping - I go chunky dunking lol :lol:

Real men don’t like skinny :slight_smile:

So where does that leave David Beckham ?