How Do You Feel About a Possible Lockdown

FB may be good for keeping in touch with people and with news in the local area but otherwise it causes so many problems. My account on there was closed many years ago due to the problems I had on there.

Another lockdown will not make all that much difference to me, I’ve been in what is almost ‘solitary confinement’ since January 2020, nearly two years now. It’s driven me round the twist so cannot get much worse unless I have a complete ‘meltdown’. If anything helps get rid of this awful virus it’s probably going to be worth it.
:upside_down_face: :frowning_face:

1 Like

I think it has been a stressful time for everybody, overseas visitors i was expecting in 2020 were unable to come, I was locked out of the ACT for months at a time and unable to visit my kids and grandkids.

Because of the restrictions I haven’t visited Sydney or used public transport since 2019 and both have become daunting prospects.

Fortunately I did manage to get away for a couple of trips within NSW late in 2020 by myself and mid 2021 with my daughter and youngest son but otherwise it has been pretty hard going even though my immediate area has been covid free. It is certainly a changed world.

I have to say that Facebook has never caused me problems it just needs some care setting up and limiting the information you divulge. My posts, photos etc are always limited to friends, the groups I belong to have been most interesting as well as useful. I even found my current supplier of meals on Facebook.

The only problem I encountered was when someone tried to set up a fake account using my name, picture etc but it was easy enough to report it to Facebook and get it closed down - a good clue is when your 'friends" receive friends request from you.

If something better crops up then I will probably migrate to it and close down my Facebook page as I did previously from MySpace, ICQ, Friends Reunited and Wayn.

is that because it’s summertime for you guys?

Hi

I am in my private lockdown yet again.

Every time you have a Heart Attack you cannot drive for a month, so just been told I cannot drive yet again.

I cannot walk far either.

I will survive

5 Likes

No, that is the NSW Premier following the national blueprint to the letter. At the moment, with no real evidence either way, they are assuming that Omicron is more infectious but less dangerous and that the vaccines all work against it.

The National Blueprint was conceived before Omicron and released restrictions based entirely on percentage of the adult population who were vaccinated with most if not all restrictions removed when the adult population was 95% vaccinated.

I did start a thread about the opening up in NSW but it was completely stuffed up by somebody putting it into moderation and time locked. That has been released now but it’s a bit late as the thread is effectively dead.

1 Like

FB has also been fine for me, no problems with anyone. I didn’t fancy it at all when it first started but all my family, and I mean the far flung ones too were on it. My daughter was with me when I finally caved and opened an account. She made sure I’d set it up to be water tight, so to speak, and only people in my friends can see anything on there. I check it often to see if anything has changed but it doesn’t.

1 Like

Hope you are beginning to feel better. Perhaps you could treat the no driving, no walking lockdown thing as your time in a health spa, relax, get better and enjoy the peace and quiet :hugs:

I enjoy FB too. I think the thing is to make sure you stay in control and be choosy, but it’s easy enough to do

I enjoy the local community groups, and the free to collector, buy and sale groups

And also some craft and cooking groups

And I keep in touch with my extended family and friends I don’t see as much at the moment because of Covid

1 Like

It will make no difference to the spread of the virus whether we lockdown or not. You might delay the spread for a while, but once lockdown has been removed things will go back to normal and the virus will continue on it’s deadly path as viruses do every year at this time.
We are booked to visit our local golf club for Christmas dinner, and if they are prepared to serve us, I’m prepared to go, lockdown or not. Any plans made for visits from the family will continue as planned, but like Rox and and a couple of others on here, we live out in the sticks, wear our masks religiously and avoid crowds so hardly ever come into contact with other people except friends and neighbours.

1 Like

I agree, although I haven’t closed my FB account. I think the important thing to do is to choose carefully which areas to visit and which to avoid.
For example, I visit the Reform UK pages (sorry to drone on about it!), but rarely comment due to the number of pro-EU remoaners who constantly try to cause trouble there.
Similarly, I used to read the Express online and occasionally make comments, but have now ditched that for the same reason: there seem to be more and more remoaners whingeing about how we should go back to the EU, but failing to accept the words from the rest of us.
The Telegraph is much better!

There must be ways to restrict its spread, to keep hospital admissions below a critical point, we have to find the new normal, which might include mask wearing, distancing and retaining some of the other restrictions. It should not be an all or nothing scenario.

1 Like

I agree Bruce and fully accept mask wearing, social distancing and other things we can do to halt the spread. However, I don’t expect the world to be put on hold to save my skin. My health is my responsibility and if I want to avoid catching it, I will avoid the hotspots and continue to take precautions. People should be allowed to make their own decisions, and if they are concerned they should stay at home and not mix, and let the world go about it’s business.

1 Like

Looking at the data there is no reason for a lockdown. Bear in mind a lot of these patients would have caught COVID in hospital or had a positive test during the last 28 days.

Also consider there are 375,000 new cancer cases each year in the UK (according to Cancer Research). That’s about 1000 a day !

2 Likes

Good post Bread, how many lives did we say have been lost to covid?

We don’t actually know. You would think after 2 years we would have figures and criteria for calculating the mortality rates for people who died of covid without any comorbidities, grouped by age, sex and other demographics.

If SAGE can predict these whacky figures we are supposed to trust, you would think they could review the evidence as it emerges.

1 Like

I don’t blame people for being sceptical There have deaths attributed to some so-called vaccines, both the COVID sort and others before it. But most of all (though non-related) was the invasion of Irak on pure lies of WMD’s. An estimated million innocent people were murdered and tortured over that little event and several governments sanctioned the whole bloody thing but no one has been imprisoned for it. OK. OK. It has nothing to do with these vaccines but when people begin to get suspicious over a possible conspiracy it leaves me thinking, “Hmm, if there are riches to be had from it then the possibility of it being a scam/hoax certainly does exist.” Yes, I got both injections but do I criticize those who refused them? Not in the slightest. :thinking:

3 Likes

Pssst … careful with ya javla munnen coz depending on a couple a putz in here, ya could find yaself sanctioned Like Dex … just sayin like :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Noted and taken care of. Ta!

1 Like

Covid: No guarantees over Christmas lockdown, says Dominic Raab

Covid: No guarantees over Christmas lockdown, says Dominic Raab - BBC News