How Do You Feel About a Possible Lockdown

I’ve been hearing that there may be another lockdown after Christmas and I just saw a post on FB from a newspaper announcing this. I am appalled at the amount of people on that thread that were saying they aren’t going to take any notice and calling people sheeple etc,

No one wants this to happen and I’m sure Boris doesn’t, his countrys economy is suffering. What do people expect.

I get people are upset about this but people are still dying and the omicron is highly contagious, what else can we do? I guess one answer is live with it but many people aren’t going to live are they, they are going to die.

People still think its some kind of conspiracy, what on earth could they have to gain from all this?

I was disgusted with the selfish attitude of so many people on the responses.

6 Likes

I haven’t really come out of lockdown, to be honest. Just stuck to my local area and not mixed with many people. I did have Christmas plans but postponed them.

People are incredibly selfish, LQ, and its for this reason that I’m staying away from them. Their attitude disgusts me to the bone.

3 Likes

you should see the responses, I’m gobsmacked at how many selfish people we have in the world. It;s horrible seeing the vile responses

4 Likes

Peoples true nature comes out when they can’t get to do what they want! Like toddler tantrums, it really is. They don’t give a damn.

4 Likes

I feel that whatever it takes to get this never ending virus under control, we should each do our part. That means vaccines, not congregating in groups, staying 6 feet away from others, wearing a mask, and standing on your tiptoes for 15 hours a day if it makes others safe. We must get united, and if all did that, within 6 weeks we could begin to live a bit like we used to.

5 Likes

I agree entirely with everything you just said Righty but the longer it goes on the more I’m seeing people wanting to rebel about it all. I’m so shocked at the responses of so many people from that facebook thread, almost all of them were saying 'conspiracy, I’m going to do what I want, not listening, they are trying to spoil my Christmas, they want more needles in arms, and so on,

what I want to know is why these people think the worlds, the whole worlds governments would risk going into serious decline if this wasn’t real. Not one person has answered my question on that. It’s madness and it’s worrying to know there are so many people who are just so damn selfish.

4 Likes

Is it selfish or are people just dim and don’t get it, do you think?

I don’t fancy another lockdown but I’m very grateful for my vaccinations and all the people they’ve kept alive and of course I’ll do what I’m asked to to try to keep people safe and spare the NHS

3 Likes

I am not bothered actually. I live in a rural area so being in a crowd isn’t going to happen. I eat healthily, I take daily exercise and try to stay fit. I have had my 2 jabs plus the booster plus the flu and pneumonia jabs. I don’t think I will have any more now, that must surely be enough.

I know several people who have tested positive and the worst symptoms are bad headaches. Even the South African doctor who discovered the Omicron version says she doesn’t think the symptoms are serious.

1 Like

LQ, many people have no backbone to stand up and rebel against real people they know, so this may be a delusional way of showing independence. Common sense and moral responsibility is becoming more rare these days. Selfishness and not dealing with the consequences of your actions seems to be the goal of many. It is sad, incomprehensible and unacceptable to those of us who look forward, and are not stuck in a delusional state of daily life.

I am still in lockdown I haven’t come out.

Although I think people should be free to make up their own minds on risk, it would be wise if everyone noted the speed with which the omicron variant is sweeping through the country and realise that unless the progress it slowed down the sheer number of people off work ill or isolating could have a severe effect on everyday life with all services being effected.
I appreciate there would be a detrimental effect on the economy if we had another lockdown but common sense tells me the economy will be effected anyway if a large number of people are ill or isolating at home.

It would be nice to think the government is planning for a disruption to services with the military on standby to keep the country running but on past performance I doubt it.

2 Likes

And it’s not just or even mostly the young people, either.

Some of the oldies I know are being really contrary about it and on their high horse about being told what to do

Last lockdown they were the ones whinging about what they couldn’t do, not being able to drive their dogs to miles away for a walk, that sort of thing

Not a bit grateful to all the youngsters working in the NHS, delivering their shopping etc, just mass moaning and whinging

4 Likes

Well said, Meg. Anyone isolating, not going to work, leave the general running of mfg plants, supply folks, all of it (yes, we’ve been through it once already) affects each and every one of us at many levels.

deleted…

Moaning and whinging is right, it’s all I’m seeing lately. No one likes what has happened and is happening but we just have to get on with trying to find a way out of this nightmare of a pandemic. No amount of whining and whinging is going to stop the virus, actions and solutions hopefully will one day and until then we have to do what the scientists say may help us. Well I will anyway but according to the amount of whinging and whining commenters on that thread I saw on FB will not so God help us all.

the whingers and whiners are just making me feel so angry and I wish they would stop and just pull together united instead of crying CONSPIRACY

3 Likes

I agree. Marge and I (especially I) do not meet up with many people. We, too, have had both jabs, a booster and a flu jab.

In addition, as you say, all I have heard about this Omicron variant is that it is more like a cold than the other variations of Covid: it spreads relatively quickly but it has very few effects. I also believe that very few people - if any in this country - have died from it.

Consequently, Marge and I shall be visiting my sister and family, Marge’s mother, and a couple of our best friends at Christmas and have also planned for those two friends to visit us on New Year’s Eve.

I have followed Boris’s rules thus far, but I have now lost confidence in his ability to lead this nation and feel that he is panicking, as are some of his closest advisors including medics. He has also now been shown to have lied, so why should I listen to him any more?

I believe that we are not alone and that many people are sick and tired of his ‘lockdowns’ and other restrictions. I’ll wear a mask where necessary, and shall not be visiting pubs and other gatherings and certainly not boring football matches!, but that’s it.

1 Like

I don’t think some of them really think it’s a conspiracy, they just say that to get out of doing as they’re told, like the rest of us have to

Some people are fountains, some people are drains!

2 Likes

If you lot thinking I’m cancelling that world tour, you’ve got another thing coming.

4 Likes

The problem is politicians and businesses have different interests and power to the rest of us but there must be a happy compromise.

The NSW Premier has withdrawn most of the features of the lockdown (certain places such as gyms have special covid regulations) yet it would have been so easy to leave the indoor mask wearing mandate and QR code check ins in place.

Some venues are enforcing it anyway - for example my local club won’t let you in unless you can prove you are double vaccinated and you must wear a mask except when seated which you must be to eat or drink.

It would not be an unpopular decision to continue to mandate indoor mask wearing.

I would miss my daily swim but other than that I’m not bothered. I spend most of my time on my own anyway.

I meant to add that because hospitalisations lag a couple of weeks behind cases then when hospital admissions show a sharp rise it is already too late yet that is the NSW Premier’s plan.