How Do You Feel About a Possible Lockdown

Pssst … careful with ya javla munnen coz depending on a couple a putz in here, ya could find yaself sanctioned Like Dex … just sayin like :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Noted and taken care of. Ta!

1 Like

Covid: No guarantees over Christmas lockdown, says Dominic Raab

Covid: No guarantees over Christmas lockdown, says Dominic Raab - BBC News

For crying out loud, if they’re going to do it bloody DO it, don’t piddle about like a virgin on the verge!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, with only 3 days remaining until Frantic Friday is upon us, I can’t see it happening.

2 Likes

You put YOUR WHOLE SELF in
Your whole self out
In, out, in out, you shake it all about
You do the Hokey Cokey
And you turn around
That’s what it’s all about.

PROCRASTINATION!!
:crazy_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :heart:

1 Like

there has to be the ritual warming up of the public. It’s a bit like making a souffle

2 Likes

Our Premier was waffling on about “personal responsibility” for reducing the spread of Covid in the community yet amazingly didn’t announce plans to make wearing seat belts or drink driving a matter of personal responsibility.

1 Like

If we are going to have a lockdown, it may as well be on a holiday period, where the income stream will not be affected!

1 Like

You’re missing the point! Lockdown will hopefully give some breathing space to the NHS when for a period of time there should be fewer patients brought in - so time to hopefully get the existing patients recovered and discharged…before lockdown ends and more patients are admitted. Lockdown is design to slow the spread and help the NHS cope.

We may need the Martingale Hospitals again.

I think some misunderstood my bit about facebook. My personal facebook is brilliant, those are my friends and family, the bit I was talking about on facebook is local groups. I’m nosey and like to know whats happening in and around my town but some of the people on those groups beggars belief, the vitriol I see on there (I don’t know these people personally thank goodness) is just awful.

Someone said know what to go on and what not to go on on facebook well, yah, ya right, I really should stay away from the groups, the people on there make me mad.

Anyway the post was about how we feel about a lockdown, I shouldn’t have mentioned facebook lol

I personally am beginning to think is it even any use doing the lockdown as when we go back to ‘normal’ it will all kick off again when a new strain comes in but then someone mentioned it’s to take the strain of the NHS, well then yeah, its a good idea then. Gawd, I’m so confussed and don’t know where I’m at with my thinking anymore with this damn horrible stinking s*itty ruddy virus.

Somebody help me, I’m going insane

1 Like

One day, the will be PHD in insanity, and, the certificate will not be a drawback.

But they don’t have the staff.

I understand your feelings. Don’t worry, though, because it looks like as time goes by, the new variants (if Omicron is exemplary) will become less and less serious. They might spread more quickly, as does the flu or the common cold, but they seem to have less effect on those who contract them.
This is probably due to both vaccines and the development of natural immunity.

I don’t think that worrying about it is going to help us.

Look back at the Spanish Flu in the early 20th century. Bad at the time; now unheard of.

Oh, I already have that qualification. A Doctorate in Insanity (DI)

1 Like

Thank you, for coming out JBR.

1 Like

and …vaccinated :grin: :zipper_mouth_face:

Well, that is relatively recent, The Spanish Flu was the annual flu until about 1958 when it was overtaken by Asian Flu. I can remember when Asian Flu arrived and I am sure many on this forum will also.

I don’t know about the UK but here businesses are reporting a 40% drop in earnings as people cancel their holidays and party events because of Omicron. The hospitality industry is dying on its feet with the long school holidays coming up.

BREAKING NEWS: it seems the new variant Omicron and future new variants are created inside people who have compromised immune systems, such as HIV. So to prevent new variants in future, we have to stop those who are medically at risk from getting ill. So a selective lockdown?