Has the Good Morning thread lost its way?

Okay … you’re on.
Send me a PM with your details and I’ll forward you a tenner,
In exchange, please make me a TL2 so I can send PMs to people.
I’m tired of restrictions… feeling the underdog … feeling unloved …

Psst … you think I’m kidding. I’m not. I have my tenner ready!

yeah insurrection, brilliant, bring it on girl!!!
Ooooo I do love a bit of rebellion :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Are you saying she’s revolting ? :joy:

1 Like

you may think that, I couldn’t possibly comment :wink::innocent:

1 Like

Thanks @Chillie6 :+1:

You are more than welcome :grinning::+1:

1 Like

But the apostrophe was correct surely… :thinking:

Naughty boy!

Not kidding Ruthio, the “its” should be it’s " :flushed:, but what’s an apostrophe either way between friends… :heart_eyes:

Ok today after weeks and weeks of being stuck indoors due to the cold weather, this afternoon was warm enough to go for a short walk. Did only about 0.5 of a mile but that was plenty to start with as I am totally unfit. Suppose old age has something to do with it as well being nearly 77 years old but have to start well in advance for this years holiday if we still can go due to this Covid business. Flight details arrived so flying out of Gatwick which is so much closed than Heathrow I won’t give any more info

I semed to have trapped a nerve in the neck down to the shoulder blade at the back, bit painful to say the least.
Rang the shop earlier about my camcorder carry handle, bit annoying having to chase up for everything, but promised it will be here in the next day or so as I ordered it more than 3 weeks ago.
Apart from that not much else happening just getting used to this new Panasonic camcorder

Barry, from this website Its and It's: Correct Usage and Examples
Its shows possession without the need for an apostrophe. Something new I learnt today :grinning::+1:

1 Like

That’s a new one on me then, we were always taught that possession warranted an apostrophe… :thinking:

2 Likes

OK, here it comes, masterclass in apostrophes coming up :grin:

Takes the place of an s
It’s = it is
Here’s = here is
Where’s = where is
and so on…

Possessive apostrophes
Barry’s = belonging to Barry
Ruthio’s = belonging to ruthio
Mups’s = belonging to Mups

Possessive pronouns
Some take an apostrophe and some don’t which is Very Annoying

Mine
Yours
Its
Hers
His
Ours
Theirs
One’s

The End xx

7 Likes

Yep you’re right, just checked that link @ruthio , we learn something new every day. My only defence is that it’s nearly sixty years since I was at school, and probably wasn’t there that day anyway… :rofl:

2 Likes

Eh? With an apostrophe, it literally means Has the Good Morning thread lost it is way? (Or it has way). How can that be correct? :102:

Oops sorry, I posted this without properly refreshing and reading all comments!! I see that already been discussed in full :see_no_evil:

1 Like

See my last post @Bathsheba , I give in… .:+1:

Sorry, you must have been posting this while I was editing my post to acknowledge all the discussion :wink:

what was this all about, can we start again??

1 Like

I often think that about my life. Can I start that over again please? :joy:

1 Like

Yes.!