Has the Good Morning thread lost its way?

No one cared about the Goodnight thread, what does that mean about the Sad State of Affairs.

1 Like

That was probably me. I wasn’t editing anything in the post. [It’s not possible for me to do that]. I was editing tags.

For several months, I would check the good morning thread to see if it had a daily-threads tag. If it didn’t, I’d add one. If it had a chat tag, I’d delete the chat tag.

I did it because there were several days when people started multiple threads on the same day. Those would have to get moved to the moderation queue.

If all the morning threads were labeled with the daily-threads tag, it’s easy to hit the tag and know if a thread had been started for that day because the date would be missing if there wasn’t one. Or you could hit the tag and know where to go for that day’s thread.

Anyone starting a new thread for the day could hit the daily-threads tag and know instantly if a new thread was needed for the day or where the existing one for the day was.

I stopped doing it when I got a lot of pushback about tags. Those same people are now using the daily-threads tags on unrelated threads because :102:

At the time, I just thought it was a great opportunity to organize these threads to help people know where they where all located. Every forum I’ve been on has had a daily thread like this. Having multiple threads on the same day or not any threads on a day leads to less participation over time.

2 Likes

@butterscotch - Thank you for the explanation - now I know what I was doing wrong I will give it another try! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Why bother meddling with a thread that is only relevant to one short period in time, and is very content focused?

Why bother complaining about it? The mysteries of the world.

A maintained daily-threads tag had the potential to bring all the threads of short duration into an archive of sorts which could be helpful to new people who want to get a sense of what the threads are about and how they can participate.

It could also give people a sense of whether the thread was started for the day or where to find the current thread.

It also helps anyone who is asked to remove a duplicate thread to know where to find the new thread to link back to.

It’s very like putting threads in categories, helping people to find similar threads quickly with the least amount of work.

There are lots of potential uses for well-maintained tags.

1 Like

But, did this contribute to the death of a Thread?

The opportunities for modification in this software may have led to a bit of over rationalization.

I posted on it the other day…it wasn’t till the day after I realised it was on the wrong Good Morning day…im always late for everything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, we’ve all done that Julia… :rofl:

1 Like

I wish someone would take that blessed apostrophe out of it’s

…lost it is way?

(Don’t mind me, just ignore)

1 Like

I so agree with you! I didn’t notice the autocorrect had done that when I posted, or I would have sorted it. Too late now. Honestly I get fed up with autocorrect - it always changes were to we’re, well to we’ll and its to it’s on my phone. Drives me bonkers! Oh and if nearly always turns into I’d :102: You have to watch it like a hawk!

1 Like

Have stuck my nose in and edited the title to remove the apostrophe :grinning:

3 Likes

And to think …years ago … we were that sloppy and disorganised we used to just start a thread and stick it in General Chat.

1 Like

Never has a forum had so many cooks tending the pot.

3 Likes

You sir are an angel! :innocent:

2 Likes

Oh Ruthio, currying favour with the nobs … :rofl:… ignore me I’m just peeved I’m still a TL1.

2 Likes

I have no favourites :grinning: just slip me a tenner and I’ll do anything :joy:

1 Like

Nobs!? You can’t refer to Chillie as a nob :rofl::rofl:

'Ere, remember when I made all that Fuss last year about that flipping apostrophe in the thread title about Great Guitarist’s grŕrrrrr AND IT’S STILL THERE!!! GRRRRRR
And the “nobs” said nothing could be done

So Chillie is not just a Not Nob, he’s a Super Not Nob! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

A lot of people think I’m a nob :clown_face::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Not me mwah mwah :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like