Has the Good Morning thread lost its way?

[quote=“Bathsheba, post:20, topic:88468, full:true”]

And it wouldn’t matter what time zone you were in, you could just chime in when it’s morning for you

1 Like

Exactly!! Anyone else think this is a good idea?

1 Like

I chime in when I get on which is morning for me. I always try to say good morning, but I’m not so good at good evening. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

One thread gets the thumbs up from me!

2 Likes

And me!
Or even a Daily Greeting thread for morning and night?
That might be fun

1 Like

Yes, because as i think has already been said, there is only one ongoing goodnight thread, not a separate one dated each night.

I suppose we could give it a try?

1 Like

I think it’s worth a try definitely. @Maree would you like to start a thread tomorrow? After all, it was your idea! But only if you want to, of course, please don’t feel anyone’s expecting it of you :wink::blush:

1 Like

Crikey, that’s a lot of responsibility but OK, I’ll have a go :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Are we just going to call it Good Morning?

Or can someone think of something else?

I would think Good Morning, or perhaps Good Morning All?

I bet those that haven’t read this thread might start another one the next day though do you think? Did there ought to be some kind of short message to explain, I wonder ?

The “Good Morning” thread has been with us since the beginning of Over50sForum back in 2009 and I would hate to see it go. Covid-19 has caused the lack of response from us more vulnerable ‘oldies’ due to us trying to protect ourselves and therefore not able to go out so much as before. We have been more or less confined to our houses, having little contact with family members, just housework to keep us occupied, hence not a lot to talk about.

I wished we owned a dog we could look forward to taking for a walk, we no longer have a cat, and we
are too old to give a pet a home now. After a while, there is nothing to chat a out other than household chores.

Now there is hope of the end of Covid on the horizon, I’m sure this thread will become more lively and
we can enjoy our posts. I would like to thank those of you who have been starting the Morning thread and keeping it alive especially the early risers. :slightly_smiling_face:
I also agree with Silver Tabby’s comment about no longer starting the Morning thread due to her posts being edited. That may be ok in the serious subjects but surely it’s not necessary in a friendly thread like this.

3 Likes

I might be the odd one out here but I like to see the new day and fresh thread each morning, although I’ve not been contributing to it lately, probably because it’s winter and dark in the morning, and since I stopped running I’ve turned into a boring old fart. However, it doesn’t take that long just to look in and say good morning, even if you are not doing anything exciting, and there’s always the weather…
:cloud_with_rain: :sun_behind_small_cloud: :umbrella:

3 Likes

As we said earlier Foxy, half the trouble is people are not contributing any more, probably because we’ve got very little to write.
Its a difficult one.

2 Likes

I am afraid I am limited to how much I can type each day by a painful back and hand so don’t always make the daily thread . Hopefully things will improve soon…

2 Likes

As a relative newcomer here myself, I really don’t want to push a new idea that may upset some of our longstanding members. Maybe we should delay changing anything, and just let this thread run for anyone else to comment? It did start looking as if several people thought a single, ongoing thread would be a good idea, but we’re by no means a consensus of the full membership, I can see that.

So let’s just wait a while - maybe in the Spring people will be up earlier, or getting out and about more, meeting up with friends and so on, and will feel they have something to contribute. All of this has a direct effect on the good morning thread.

2 Likes

Oh Meg, I’m sorry your back is troubling you so much. I do hope it will improve before long. (((Hugs)))

1 Like

I had noticed you haven’t been about so much recently Meg.
Constant pain wears you down and saps your strength.
I do hope you can get some relief and rest real soon.
Hope Chloe’s much improved now, too. :hugs:

1 Like

I agree with OGF it may be a short thread but it will still be longer than any number of threads which have one post and that’s it. It would be nice if it was started before I go to bed though :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, let’s leave it for now and I see we’re already off to a good start this morning and Barry has opened play with a Good Morning for today👍

Hopefully you pointing out here that it’s dwindled a bit will encourage those who value it to get back in there!

4 Likes

True Sheba, you sometimes don’t realise how good a thing is until it’s gone…
Take the ‘Royal Family’ for example…

1 Like

I wish someone would take some of ‘em!

2 Likes