Had my booster jab

Just think , without the internet they couldn’t scare people with all these risks.
My step daughter had Guillain-Barre syndrome long before Covid and it is a horrible illness… but so is Covid ! We all have to make a choice, just like we do when we take any medicine, because if we read the warnings on all meds & people stopped taking them other illnesses may occur.
I think they should be able to prove the connection before they post it on the internet , because I bet the companies producing the vaccines will say they can find no connection.
All medicines are a risk to some people , but those who read this report .and in turn refuse the vaccination, may die of Covid. !
We will all die one day, so are reports like this designed to give us a choice of what we would prefer to kill us? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Good post, as you say all and I mean all medications has its risks.

1 Like

Some more than others MrFraggle…

Obviously.
Cisplatin say is more dangerous than aspirin.
But as all medications are a risk or just do not work, 90 per cent of drugs only work in 30 to 50 per cent of people. It is only when there is better understanding of the genetics of patients will lead it to ‘personalised medicine’ which will have far less side effects and be more effective.

You make a good point Twink, however…Every medicine that you are prescribed comes with a long list of do’s and don’ts, but the Covid vaccine doesn’t…In fact it’s very difficult to find anything negative, or even a list of possible side effects concerning the Covid Vaccine on the internet because twitter etc have been banned from allowing negative (but still possibly true) posts to let people make up their own minds…Why do you suppose that is?

There is plenty of official information on possible side effects without resorting to ‘Karen’ on Twitter.

Practically all genetic medicines have resulted from years of testing and trials MrFraggle, the covid vaccines have not. The effects on the human body (other than defending against the covid virus) are nowhere near fully understood. I hope I’m wrong when I say this, but ‘there may be trouble ahead’ …
:musical_note: :musical_note:

1 Like

I for one am prepared to take the risk as the alternative did not bear thinking about. And just because there have been thousands of trial and testing does not make them safer, I give you Thalidomide was first marketed to health professionals as a sedative . However, its use rapidly increased amongst pregnant women due to the drug’s ability to alleviate morning sickness.

I think the alternative of taking the vaccine is outweighed by the deaths that would have occurred without it.

1 Like

Exactly my point MrFraggle, they get it wrong…
Donald Trump made a statement last year saying drink bleach and it will kill covid…
As usual the media took it out of context and everybody laughed. However, you are injecting the same dangerous chemicals into your body and it will tame covid, but at what cost.
And may I remind you that at the present day over 8 million people in the UK have been infected with covid. Of that 8 million just over 137 thousand have died as a result, and that is over 18 months (rolling totals, a very unusual way of recording statistics) Mrs Fox and me caught covid last month and are now fully recovered. Myself a 71 year old bloke with heart trouble after two heart attacks and Mrs Fox with Asthma and recently having had a serious bowel operation.
We are living proof that covid is not the monster it is believed to be, and I fear the treatment will turn out to be (just like thalidomide) worse than the disease.

You are not seeing the bigger picture Foxy! Of course twitter were banned from allowing negative comments, because people are so easily influenced by social web sites & that would mean less people would have the jab. The whole point of vaccinations is not to save the individual’s life ( although they do), it is to prevent so many people becoming infected & putting all lives at risk! You and your wife caught Covid because you believed that you took enough precautions, but sadly that was not the case and others may have been infected by you!
Both Mr F & I have had Chemo & radio therapy & they advise what to do when you get side effects from it from it, but I can tell you that they have no idea what your side effects may be… they just give a list of ones that other patients have suffered!
I make my own decision on whether to take the risk or not, but I would never listen to what Social media sites suggest about my treatment, unless it had been confirmed by people who are authorized to do so.
The report that you posted said " The EMA could not find enough evidence to confirm the association of GBS with the vaccine," and for me that says they are not sure! I listen to facts and my own thoughts when I decide what risks I should take!

2 Likes

You are taking these figures out of context, whereas I agree with them these figures include those that tested positive but had nothing more than minor cold symptoms. This was/is a disease of the elderly and vulnerable as has been shown by the death figures which I might add are one of highest in Europe.
Lets not forget we have technology nowadays which means testing can be reduced somewhat and given that there were/are thousands of scientist worldwide working on the covid and the vaccine, unheard of for any other disease in human history I for one at 67 is willing to take the risk if indeed there is any which I do not believe there is.
Glad to here that you and your partner have fully recovered from this disease.

2 Likes

So by your thinking Twink, are you suggesting that they should remove the warning pamphlets contained in prescription medication because people might be put off by the information therein?
The report I posted by the BMA was to highlight the link between sciatica and the vaccines and not GBS but I couldn’t edit it out for some reason.
Chemo and and radio therapy are a completely different kettle of fish and you know that. You are sending a curved ball simply to try and make your point…
How on earth could I have infected anyone else, I never left the house for ten days, and don’t give me all that rubbish about walking around infecting people without knowing you have covid. I tested negative on the Friday, and Saturday morning I couldn’t even stand up straight let alone go out. And what about the possible jabbed person walking about with covid who gave it me…B’stard!

I don’t know why you are getting angry, everything I posted was my point of view .
Chemo & radio therapy are dangerous treatments but they do save some lives just as the Covid vaccinations are doing…so I can’t see why they are different!
I thought you were going to stop posting about Covid, owing to the fact that many disagreed with you. What I can’t understand is why you are now still trying to tell the many people on this forum, who have had the vaccination, that that are still at risk of further problems. It was their choice to have the jab so why create unneccesary worries?

3 Likes

Well said. :grinning:

1 Like

Good post Twink. You said what many of us are thinking. My daughter is a carer and a couple in their eighties she cares for have contracted covid. Had both not been fully vaccinated who knows what the outcome would have been.

1 Like

I don’t think both jabs should be given at the same time either. Booked our flu jabs for next week, not heard from the surgery about the Covid booster yet.

Tiff did you have your last Covid injection more than 6 months ago?
There needs to be 6 months between the last vaccination and the booster. I am having my flu Jab next week & I think my last covid jab was very early May … so it looks like we will both avoid having them both together! :smiley:

Foxy but who’s to say, you won’t suffer long term affects from having had the Covid virus?
How many people have had the vaccination in comparison to those that haven’t?
Are you saying, the minority that wouldn’t have it, are right and the how many millions who chose to have the vaccination, are all thick and wrong? Doomed even?

2 Likes

Can’t remember exactly when I had my second Covid jab, but it must be 6 months now. I had a letter from the NHS saying I was due the booster, but to wait til my surgery got in touch to say I could have it, so I am waiting. Yes, I am glad they aren’t at the same time.

Only time will answer that question Arty…But we are becoming more reliant on medical assistance to survive, and I agree that things like kemo and organ replacement are a good thing, but where do you draw the line at administering healthy bodies chemicals ‘Just in case’? I merely pointed out the link between sciatica and the vaccines, apparently the spike proteins in the vaccines reside in the lower spine and the BMA report supports this…