Had my booster jab

Tonight I went for my booster jab at 7pm, feel ok no adverse effects so far, apparently the Pfizer vaccine isn’t called that anymore can’t remember what the new name is now …

2 Likes

Is it because you work in a care home you got called early. I’m waiting for my Dad to be called

It never used to be called Pfizer over here but BioNTech after its inventor or officially and as a stamp on the vaccination certificate Comirnaty which is the tradename.

1 Like

My wife and I are booked in for our booster on Saturday 9th along with the Flu jab at the same time. I’m going to ask if they can stick both needles in the same hole…but not at the same time!

1 Like

Yes LQ, I got a link from my employer , so booked it , was supposed to get the flu jab on Sunday, but they rang to cancel it,

Yes dachs, ours is now called comernity, but , knowing how we handle things in gb plc, it should be called calamity…:grin:

1 Like

I had my booster and flu jabs last Saturday. All was well until late Monday when I felt very dizzy and had attacks of sickness. Whether it was due to the vaccinations or not, I don’t know, but I’m still feeling very weak. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Poor you Mags I cant think of anything I hate more than sickness!
Whatever caused it try putting your feet up and resting.
I hope Mr Mags is feeling well enough to look after you, but if he feels unwell too, both have an early night & see how you feel tomorrow. :hugs:

2 Likes

Mags, l am sorry to read this. Were you the same with your first and second vaccinations?
I know the first two were Pfizer. I suppose it was Pfizer for your third one?

I do hope you feel better soon… l don’t suppose you feel like a Magnum at the moment? (I’m just trying to cheer you! :blush:)

2 Likes

I had my 3rd Covid vaccination / booster just over a week ago -
Pfizer BioNTech.
I had no side effects from my initial vaccine, my 2nd booster made me feel rough and tired the next day or two, my 3rd booster made me feel rough and tired the next day and lasted for for 3 or 4 days.
I’m guessing that’s a sign the booster worked well and my symptoms show that my immune system quickly recognised those naughty protein spikes and got busy attacking them! :grinning:
I feel fine now.

2 Likes

I can well understand how you’re feeling Mags. It is horrible isbn’t it.
Hope you feel a bit better over the next few days. x

2 Likes

Mags :icon_sad: that’s horrible, I don’t think it is a good idea having the 2 vaccinations together it is a lot for the immune system to cope with in one go.

I am dreading having the booster having had such a dreadful experience with the second dose but it has to be done.

3 Likes

hope you are feeling better today Mags?

2 Likes

I entirely agree with that, Meg.
In fact I am amazed they are even doing it that way.

3 Likes

Not a word from my health board about flu or booster but they have very poor organisational skills. They will probably wait until the weather turns much colder then have us queuing up outside for an hour somewhere. :smiley:

1 Like

I was also surprised that Mags was having both the flu & booster jabs at the same time.
When Boots offered to do my flu jab they made it clear that, if I was called for my booster I should let them know when I was having my Flu jab so they wouldn’t be booked for the same day.
I honestly think that nobody knows, if whether having them both together is a safe option , as you hear different things from different groups!
I hope Mags is well enough to give us an update soon!

3 Likes

Thanks for that Mr F, it certainly says it is ok to have them both together providing your 2nd Covid jab was more that 6 months ago.

1 Like

You have my sympathy i was the same with my second jab…I hope you are feeling better now

Have to admit I’m a bit apprehensive about having the booster because I was so poorly with the second jab…not sure what to do but I don’t have a date for it yet so I don’t have to worry right now…

Hope you are ok Mags

1 Like

Hope you are feeling better today Mags…Hugs are on their way but I can’t find the ‘Hugs’ Emoji…
:pleading_face:

2 Likes

Foxy the hugs emoji is this one :hugs: in the 3rd line of the smileys and emotion!