Had my booster jab

Yes but it’s crap Twink…
:frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

I know , It doesn’t even look like a hug! Still Mags would appreciate any hug if she is feeling ill ! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Mags, l was just wondering how you are feeling today?
I hope you’re feeling better and getting lots of TLC. xx

1 Like

My wife and I have just got our appointment for flu and covid booster jabs on the 22nd October.

1 Like

@Twink55
@Artangel
@Mups
@Meg
@LionQueen
@Summer
@OldGreyFox

Thank you all for you kind words, I’m pleased to say I am feeling a lot better now, the really bad time was the first two days, I don’t think I have ever felt so ill. I couldn’t eat or drink or take my medications during those two days. Mr Mags cared for me well, I’m so pleased he didn’t have the same reaction, he sailed through all his jabs.

I just need some of Popeye’s spinach now to get rid of my weakness and build back my strength! :smiley:

4 Likes

Mags, That’s brilliant news especially as l was getting worried about you.
I haven’t had my Covid booster call up yet.

1 Like

Thanks Art, I hope all will be well with you when you do get your notification.
x

1 Like

Oh yes Twink, you’re correct, any hug would be appreciated! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Good to hear from you Mags, I was worried! Give Mr Mags a pat on the back from me! :smiley:

1 Like

That’s just how Mrs Fox and me felt for ten days Mags…So glad to hear that you are on the mend…((Hugs))

1 Like

It doesn’t do anything like the old one…
:pleading_face:

Well i suppose we have to live with change…but if you can’t pop round to Mags house and give her a real hug! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

It doesn’t do anything like the old .

Will this one do for you Foxy?

1 Like

@Mags - Glad to see you are feeling better now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Boot, that’s much appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

Brilliant Mups, where on earth did you find that?
:astonished:

Just for you @Mags

Popeye

And so it begins:-
https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1786/rr-0

The BMJ logo

Rapid Response:

Autoimmune damage to the nerves following Covid vaccines: EMA issued warning to patients and healthcare professionals

Dear Editor

EMA recently investigated the cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) following Covid vaccine AstraZeneca (AZ) and have issued a warning to raise awareness of healthcare professionals and the public about GBS cases following Covid vaccinations and recommended revising the product information for Covid vaccine AZ [1]. MHRA later also concluded that as a precautionary measure they will also be adding a warning for GBS in the product information [2]. A similar warning has been issued by the United States FDA for the GBS followed by Janssen (J&J) Covid vaccine [3]. GBS is a rare but serious condition in which the immune system starts attacking the body’s healthy nerve cells in the peripheral nervous system that can result in pain, numbness, muscle weakness usually in the feet, hands and limbs) that can also spread to the chest and the face. EMA has advised people to seek immediate medical attention if they develop weakness and paralysis in the extremities progressing to the chest or face following the Covid vaccine.

The EMA could not find enough evidence to confirm the association of GBS with the vaccine, however, this may be explained by the vaccine biodistribution to the nerves following intramuscular injection. The vaccine transfection and translation in the nerves may spur an immune response against nerve cells potentially resulting in autoimmune nerve damage. The preclinical evaluation of Covid vaccine AZ (study 514559) evidenced vaccine distribution) to various body tissues beyond injection site including sciatic nerves [4].

Study 514559 showed that the Covid vaccine AZ was distributed to sciatic nerves in almost all animals and the distributed fractions did not clear throughout the study. The last sample was taken on 29 days post-administration and sciatic nerves of 70% of animals were still tested positive at the end of the study. The vaccine distribution to the sciatic nerves may lead to conditions like sciatica that has been previously linked to the viral infection of the sciatic nerve, such as herpes. The MHRA pharmacovigilance database reported ~187 cases of sciatica post-Covid vaccine AZ as of 28th July 2021. There were at least 127 other instances of nerve injury and 301 cases of various forms of neuropathies (including 207 cases of peripheral neuropathy) listed in the MHRA database [2].

The biodistribution of the vaccine to other nerves is not known as the study 514559 checked for sciatic nerves only being anatomically closer to the injection site (hind limb) in mice. The facial (cranial) nerves, on the contrary, are anatomically closer to the vaccine injection site in humans (deltoid muscle). The MHRA database listed ~1031 cases of facial cranial nerve disorders (527 cases of Bell’s palsy and 457 cases of facial paresis/paralysis), 20 cases of Miller Fisher syndrome and additional 372 cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome (2 fatal) following AZ vaccine up until 28th July 2021.

I had my Tizer booster jab yesterday followed by the Flu jab Had to wait in a long queue for almost an hour. No problem with that but some of the elderly jabees were starting to wilt. Then a few chairs were brought out. Both arms feel a bit bruised this morning but no other effects…so far!

Why are they puting fizzy pop into your arm. :smiley::smiley:

1 Like