Foxys Forthcoming Hospital Visit

Wishing you all the best for your op and a strong recovery.
Sending positive vibes your way to say I hope you’ll soon be back home, enjoying a bit of pampering during your convalescence.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your good wishes…It’s quite humbling to know I have so many friends on here wishing me well… :heart:

Unfortunately I received a phone call from the hospital late afternoon yesterday, explaining that my procedure had been cancelled as there were no beds available due to the extraordinary high demand from people suffering heart failure. Apparently the ambulance service is struggling to cope with the influx.

My procedure (to have an ICD implanted) has been rescheduled for Monday 22nd November…
:disappointed:

4 Likes

Hang on in there fella, at least the rib is getting better.

1 Like

Thanks @caricature, at least I can get some sleep now without it waking me up everytime I roll onto that side…
I might as well go out for my walk now being as my op has been postponed…
:walking_man:

That postponement must be disappointing when you’ve already geared yourself up for it - just hang in there, 10 days will soon pass. xx

1 Like

@OldGreyFox Hi Bob :slightly_smiling_face: that isn’t long to wait then.
It must be awful to get all prepared ‘mental’ for a procedure only to have it cancelled.
A number of members of my support group have Meditronic ICDs, I gather they cost about £20,000 so fitting them is not done without good cause.
I am told they are ‘lifesavers’ and make you good for the next 30 years.

4 Likes

Hi

ICD Implants are common and low risk.

They require an overnight stay and last from 5 to 7 years.

Footballers have them and return to playing.

They are no great shakes, unless you are vulnerable to other conditions.

It is basically 24 hours in Hospital and out.

1 Like

Foxy now is the time to plan for what you are going to do after your procedure, so choose something you will really enjoy! :grin: That should help you throw all that anxiety out of the window & let your mind focus on what a great time you will have.

1 Like

Disappointing news Bob but 10 days to wait isn’t too bad, it could have been a lot longer.

Take things easy during this waiting time, we don’t want to see anymore broken ribs. :slightly_smiling_face: x

1 Like

I agree with Meg here, I know it happens a lot these days, but I do feel sorry for the people this happens to, after they have got all geared up mentally and physically.
No doubt many also have had to rearrange work shedules, child minding, and family issues, so it must be very difficult for them to have to cancel everything again.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll be as right as rain afterwards Bob, your a tough old geezer and you’ll come through with flying colours, the best of luck to you old friend. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a right bugger when they do that to you. Anyway, I hope everything goes well come Nov 22.

1 Like

sorry to hear this but yanno what, you will go ‘whoosh’ and those 10 days will be gone, I know what I’m talking about yanno and it’s da troof :upside_down_face:

Keep your chin up and keep that foxy smile we all know and love!

2 Likes

What a pain but at least you have more time to recovery from the injury.

Good point Annie, but if I feel as good as I have for the last few days, I might decide to decline the ICD…
:nerd_face:

Would that be wise?

1 Like

But is not the point of having the ICD to keep you at your optimum health as you are now.

1 Like

Stressful time for you . I hope all goes well for you . Take care

1 Like

Perhaps you might be feeling better because you have been resting? So if you reduce your activity you might be ok but that isn’t the person you are.

1 Like

Probably not Besoeker, and if it doesn’t seem broke Kazz, why fix it… :nerd_face:
However, when I have a bad day (and it will happen) there will be no doubt about going for
the op. There are many limitations to having an ICD, and by postponing my op just makes me look again at my decision to go ahead. I just wish sometimes that I didn’t have such an enquiring mind…
:thinking:

1 Like