Foxys Forthcoming Hospital Visit

I’m scheduled to attend the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield tomorrow at 12:00 midday for a heart procedure. It’s all been rather quick (for the NHS) and they have obviously seen something that needs immediate attention.
I must admit that it has been a tense couple of weeks with me having good days and bad days. On the good days I wonder how it has come to this, and set off on my daily five mile walk.
On the bad days I can only manage half a mile before having to return home with pounding in my chest, shortness of breath and dizziness. I have even considered the possibility that I might not survive to attend this appointment, I felt so bad at times. A couple of weeks ago I slipped on some mud in the woods and broke a rib after landing heavily on my left arm. I have been in pain ever since, especially sleeping at night, thankfully the pain has subsided in time for my op tomorrow.

Consequently, I seem to have lost interest in most things, national and world affairs seem so unimportant when you are faced with the possibility that you might not see tomorrow or your loved ones again. Although yesterday I was tested negative for Covid 19 (Compulsory PCR test) despite being in isolation, I shall attempt my usual 5 mile walk out in the country. I hope to see you all at the other side of my op tomorrow…If not, thanks for your friendship…
:broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

13 Likes

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Please note this thread has been tagged with our members-health-updates tag and this is just a friendly reminder to ask that you keep this in mind when replying.

Life is hard enough as it is, and if you can say something that might help make the OP’s day that little bit better we’re sure it would be greatly appreciated :blush:

with that said please avoid turning these types of threads into debates (if you really must, you can start a separate thread on a related topic, but please don’t mention or refer to this one). Thank you for your understanding and for helping make the Over50sChat community the best it can be!

:white_heart: :yellow_heart: :brown_heart: :black_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :heart:
:sparkling_heart: :orange_heart:

1 Like

:hugs:

Foxy, all will go well, try not to worry (easier said than done, I know).

Those delightful knees of yours know better than to knock together! :joy:

Concentrate on getting back hale and hearty, and we will see you soon xxx

1 Like

Foxy, I hope all goes well, and wish you a speedy recovery. See you afterwards.

1 Like

Hope all goes well tomorrow, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Good Luck … See you soon … :+1:

1 Like

Wishing You a’ the best for tomorrow Rab,
‘See Ya Later Alligator’ :wink:

AND…Don’t You dare pop Your clogs before Me…I’d never forgive You,
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Foxy I hope everything goes well, but we all get anxious when we go for hospital treatment so please try not to worry.
This is just an idea, but ask the doctor if your 5 mile walks would be less stressful to your heart when the weather is a bit warmer, as your blood is thinner when it is warm so maybe easier to pump round your body.
You sound really down so try to focus on good things, like where you will go for your next holiday. I know from experience that it reduces anxiety & it is always better if you can be calm before an op.
We will all be waiting for a message from you, when you are home & feeling more relaxed. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Bob :slightly_smiling_face: I will be thinking of you tomorrow in the Northern General where I used to visit my older sister after her heart operations (she had a number after her heart was damaged by rheumatic fever) .

I am familiar with the ‘‘pounding in my chest, shortness of breath and dizziness’’ having just had 3 nights and days of it so know how you feel. My saving grace is I know it usually goes away for a couple of weeks when I am ‘normal’ with just the side effects of medication to cope with.

The fall must have shaken you, falls do when we get older and it takes longer to recover.
I hope the procedure helps you x

1 Like

Hello Foxy, we haven’t met really, I’m new but I just wanted to wish you luck and tell you how brilliant that surgery can be. My dad was a new man after his and I bet that 5 mile will turn into a ten miler when you’ve recovered

All the best xxx

1 Like

Mornin Fox, I thought about you this Morning, whilst out putting in the paces before I got home and read this thread, I will keep the walking up whilst you recoup, good luck Foxy. :walking_man:

1 Like

@ Foxey, Sorry to hear you so down Foxey! Not like you at all!
You don’t say what the proceedure is , but it sounds like they will be putting
a stent in an artery ?
If so l expect you to be out walking again pretty soon as the results of this
proceedure are almost instantaneous??
Good luck buddy !!
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

1 Like

All my best wishes Bob, I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow.

All operations are daunting but our doctors work wonders these days and I feel you will be back on your feet again in no time.

We’ll keep your seat warm for you here, hope to hear from you soon. xxx

1 Like

Foxy, hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

And leave the Nurses alone!!

1 Like

Foxy, I’m so sorry for your health problem. I’m sure it must be very stressful you…And for Mrs Foxy.
Hang in there - we’re all rooting for you!

1 Like

Will be sending positive thoughts, Foxy, hope all goes well.

1 Like

Hope all goes well for you Foxy

1 Like

Wishing you all the best, hoping for a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Get well soon !

1 Like

Wishing you well Foxy old boy. :grinning:

1 Like