XX

1 Like

Hi sly old grey :fox_face:

I hope the procedure was a success!
:hugs:

1 Like

Give us a shout Foxy, when yer back.

1 Like

You will have made it to surgery and back by now, Foxy. Try to keep the bragging down about how well you feel. Us old folks may be dragging a bit, wouldn’t want to make us feel older, running circles around us again. :wink:

1 Like

No doubt Foxy has been regaling his stories and views of the vaccine to the medics at length, which is why there’s a delay in him getting back on here to appraise us of the outcome. :wink:

1 Like

A massive thank you to everyone.
:mask: :blush:
It was such a long day and I didn’t get home until late, but if you’ve got a few minutes to spare, put t’ kettle on, get out your favourite dunking biscuits and I’ll tell you what happened…

I can’t function properly without breakfast, so yesterday morning I was up and out of bed at 4:30 am. My daughter drove me and Mrs Fox to the hospital at six, it’s just over an hour to the Northern General Hospital but the traffic was light and she made it for around 7:00 am.

The plan was, that she and Mrs Fox would spent some time at Meadowhall (shopping mall) and collect me when the job was done. After settling in to a small ward with four beds (only one was occupied) I changed into a flimsy pair of paper knickers and a gown that fastened up the back…Trouble was, half the tags were missing and I had to hold it closed whenever I turned my back.

I was taken down to the theatre at ten and was shuffled onto a table, Christmas carols were belting out on some music gear and several people were rushing around and plugging me up.
I couldn’t see anything because they put a sort of tent over my head so I couldn’t see what was going on, so I had to guess what they were doing. I din’t have to guess when the needle went in containing the local anesthetic, and that was the last thing I felt apart from some pulling and pushing.

I could imagine the surgeon stitching me up (not for the first time in my life I hasten to add) as he drew thread in and out. The bloke sat at the computer congratulated the surgeon on a successful placement of the wires into my heart chambers, and after a brief period of silence, I was declared ‘online’…

It was almost midday as I was returned to the ward by a chatty comedian of a porter, and I was glad to be sat comfy in my chair just as lunch was been served. Some very tasty vegetable soup followed by corned beef and cheese sandwiches, and all finished off with some coconut sponge cake, but I declined the cream, must look after my figure…
:grin:

I had been in no pain at all up until now, but as I snuggled down into my bed for an hours kip, it was becoming increasingly uncomfortable, and no matter where I put my left arm, it hurt.
I did grab an hour but when I awoke it was unbearable and had to resort to some pain killers.
I was waiting to go for an x-ray to confirm that the leads were in the right place, and Mrs Fox was getting very impatient after returning to the hospital, I had ordered my evening meal just in case.

Covid and vaccines were never mentioned and although I completed a negative lateral flow test before I left home, nobody was interested in seeing the result on the slide I had taken with me. However, mask were worn by all the staff, and although I could remove mine while I was in the ward, leaving the ward required masks to be worn at all times. I felt for the staff who tirelessly worked all day and had to wear them.

So at around 4:00 pm I was wheeled down to the x-ray department. It seemed like miles (I’ve run shorter courses) and I realised why the porter had given me a blanket beforehand, it was freezing down there, and paper knickers and a gown with no fasteners have no thermal qualities whatsoever.

Back on the ward by five thirty and just in time for Cod and chips, with mushy peas and steaming mug of Yorkshire tea, Apple pie and custard to follow. Mrs Fox and daughter were not the least bit pleased when I explained that I would be ready for collection after the Apple pie and custard…

5 Likes

I was given a mysterious box containing a router which had to be placed at the side of my bed at home, it would download my days activity and send it to the hospital. It saves you the bother of having to visit the hospital in future after the monthly checkup is completed. Once per year is sufficient, unless a problem occurs when you will be notified by telephone to report to the hospital.

I can’t praise the staff highly enough, they were very happy and efficient and nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious also…
:drooling_face:
So I should be able to ‘Run Like Clockwork’ once the bruising has gone down.
Although I had a surprisingly good nights sleep, it feels like I’ve gone a few rounds wrestling with Giant Haystacks, and he has tries to pull off my left arm and tear off my head.
I’m not allowed to lift anything heavier than a mug of tea, or raise my left arm above my shoulder for at least four weeks. Getting dressed is quite a challenge, and driving is banned until my months appointment.
I have managed to prepare a bowl of porridge on the Induction hob, but I must keep it at arms length and using the other arm. Things are turning out to be quite a problem considering I’m left handed… :017:
Anybody fancy helping me to shower when Mrs Fox is out?
:nerd_face:

5 Likes

So glad you are home safe Foxy…so now its time to have a lovely Christmas x

I second that! Have a lovely time with your family :evergreen_tree: :partying_face: :gift:

Thanks Summer and Pixie, much appreciated.
Just the long road to recovery now, but at least I’ll have plenty of time to come on here…Every Cloud!
:sun_behind_rain_cloud:

3 Likes

Sounds good to me👍 How many leads does your pacer have Foxy?

1 Like

So very pleased it has gone swimmingly I think you will find it a Godsend as I said I agreed my Aunts and hope you have such excellent results.

Have a Merry Christmas

1 Like

I am so pleased to hear your surgery went well @OldGreyFox, and you’re now safely home. Wishing you and Mrs Fox a very Merry Christmas.

1 Like

That all sounds like good news Bob, glad it’s all over for you as no doubt it was worrying and stressful. The food sounded delicious though, which cannot always be said of hospital food. Mind how you go now though, take your time and don’t overdo it. But then you’ve had heart attacks the same me, you will know this – all the best anyway for a full recovery.
:+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Yaaay, Brilliant read there foxy, it was interesting to read how the successful procedure and day went with some foxy humour we all love thrown in. I was chuckling imagining you trying to keep the gown from baring your paper knackered bottom hehe

So good to know you came through the procedure fine now you need to be a good fox and let your body heal by giving it the time it needs so make sure you do as the Lion Queen says or I might have to eat you :wink:

Take care oh foxy one.

1 Like

Well Done , OGF, glad it turned out as it should!

Welcome to the Club.

Next step, take the Club outside and hit some golf balls!

:broken_heart: —> :heart:

1 Like

Well done Foxy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good man, Foxy. Get better soon!

1 Like

Glad they were feeding you well OGF. Your meals have made me hungry! Hope all goes well with the recovery and that you will quickly get used to the change and be back up and running! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Don’t over do it.

2 Likes