Foods And Drink That You Know Aren't Good For You But You Eat Them Anyway

Yes, I buy and consume it a lot. Love it.

My vice is bbq Pringles.

A new take away has just opened (or the existing place has new owners), and their leaflet advertises dinner meat and chips for £6. I’m tempted to try.

You can’t get the variety packs of blancmange anymore but single ones can be ordered online. I almost filled out an order. Managed to get one flavour in Morrisons, that I have yet to make up.

1 Like

… might be interested in that doner lamb if it was inside fresh, warmed pita, with lettuce, tomato, onion, yoghurt & sweet chilli sauce. I’m not so keen on chips nowadays.

1 Like

Hey!
I’ve got to go to Asda tomorrow… how very convenient!
Thanks for the tip off Morticia :+1:

I haven’t had a doner kebab for many a year, quite messy things to eat as I remember, especially if you ordered one on the way home after a few pints in the pub.
I’d always ask for extra chilli sauce, it was the only way!

2 Likes

Blancmange brings back distant memories of infant school class room parties. There would be jelly, custard and plenty of well watered down orange squash and barley water. I can almost see those big aluminium catering type jugs. :slightly_smiling_face:

My son brought us in one the other night when he popped in and we had a giggle because neither of us could remember ever eating one sober!

It was alright, probably not health food :rofl:

1 Like

Sorbet … now i used to like that but can’t say i see it in the shops anymore.

Well it would seem that it is (thanks Morticia) although wether or not it’s rich, flavoursome and delectable as the original Angel Delight remains to be seen.
There don’t seem to be many Cresta fans on the forum?
How very odd…it was so frothy too!

1 Like

@Chilliboot … Cresta? Is that the one with the polar bear on the can? I think I can remember that and they did a green flavour too which was nice.

That’s the one.
The drink itself had a slightly unpleasant sliminess about it, maybe that’s why it didn’t really catch on.
It did taste nice and I remember the green one too, quite a vivid green I think.

I never realised the difference in kebabs, is it Donner kebab and Shish(?) kebab. All the kebabs I had in the UK in the 60s were lumps of meat cooked on a skewer but when I came back to Australia they were shaved off a large meat “thing” as illustrated in @spitfire photo except they are served in a toasted wrap.

A night out wouldn’t be complete without a kebab with the lot on the way home.

I don’t remember Cresta so much, but Creamola Foam…oh my gosh! I loved that stuff. Do you remember that?

Some folks like the Pita Bread, with a bit of salad, I don’t, it is dietary shite either way but, just with Chips it is less pretentious :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Pita bread, stuffed with spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, and a drizzle of garlic oil…delicious!* :smiley:

from an unpretentious pixie

I’ve been eating too much KFC flavored Ruffles lately, just sayin’. :slight_smile:

I do enjoy the KFC Zinger burger, my complaint about KFC is that they only do soft drinks, no milkshakes, coffee etc

1 Like

I heard (years ago mind you) that fast food milkshakes had some sort of (bad for you, like cotton wool type) thickener added. This is why you feel so full, yet thirsty. They want you to eat, not drink (more money) and add salt so you drink more juice.

True or not, this put me off fast food ever since.

Then I saw the kebab shop guy in his bare feet and I boked :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Yeah. It would be nice if they did.

I couldn’t resist googling and apparently it was a raspberry variation on the original almond theme.