Foods And Drink That You Know Aren't Good For You But You Eat Them Anyway

Myself I drink a lot of sugary juice and eat a lot of kettle chips.

Digestives. I pretend they are medicinal,they could be?

3 Likes

Anything I fancy at the time :+1:

1 Like

My wife is an excellent cook but now and again we will have a Pizza or a Burger. And I like a Scrumpy Jack.

Honey…I adore the stuff, and add it to virtually everything - cereal, sandwiches, coffee, yoghurt… :joy:

3 Likes

Studies suggest that honey might offer antidepressant, anticonvulsant and anti-anxiety benefits . In some studies, honey has been shown to help prevent memory disorders. Wound care. Topical use of medical-grade honey has been shown to promote wound healing, particularly in burns.

1 Like

Well thank you, Besoeker, and that might be true if it were the expensive Manuka Honey, but sadly mine is the cheaper end of the market. Fluid sugar in some cases :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’m sure a bee looked at it though…so its alright.

Gotta love honey!

1 Like

Hmm… definitely crisps and sometimes popcorn.

2 Likes

I like a junk food burger once a week … Big Mac or Whopper, for lunch, no fries.

nothing more to confess.

I forgot to mention, carbs. Carbs ain’t good for me :018:

We use the cheaper gooey stuff in a bottle to mix with soy sauce, lemon juice / zest etc for a rather acceptable marinade when using cheapo chicken wings or drumsticks from the supermarket.
I’ve never thought about spreading honey on toast before, that’s got to be quality over quantity.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be fabulous if junk food was good for you? Step aside lettuce! Bring on the Coffee Crisp. :smiley:

I love making homemade popcorn Minx.
The satisfying rattle of exploding corn in the pan and there’s the option of adding whatever takes your fancy while it’s still hot and fresh, Malden salt and pepper, honey, chilli flakes… whatever!

2 Likes

Funny you should say that :hot_pepper: :hiking_boot:

I had a young American missionary visit our church a few years back and I hosted him.

He was so impressed with the popcorn that I’d pOpPeD on the stovetop. All they use is the microwave popcorn. Yuck!

I showed him how to pop corn on the stovetop and he still does it that way.

Come to think of it, he hadn’t seen cloth dishrags either. He said they use paper towels in the kitchen. What a waste!

2 Likes

Oh…wait…is this a thing? Un-popped popcorn I’ve never tried it…do supermarkets have it? I’m trying this tomorrow :yum:

2 Likes

Stovetop is better? I’ve always eaten microwaved.

Oh, it’s soooooo, sooooo much better and tastier too!

It’s so easy to do as well! Check YT, there should be some tutorials.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll give it a try.

@PixieKnuckles @Megalodon

3 Likes