Foods And Drink That You Know Aren't Good For You But You Eat Them Anyway

Thanks for the vid. How much oil is used?

If it’s just you, 1.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil. I use Canola oil. Just less than Half a cup of popcorn seeds. In a pot with a tight fitting lid with some space to pop. Watch the stove. It’s really fast.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh this looks fun
and you add the flavourings after its all cooked then, not before?

Yes PixieK. Flavour after they’ve popped! You’ll lick yer fingers lass!

1 Like

This will be an exciting Winter! :joy:

1 Like

Full English breakfast

Affordable too!
I buy it in 2 kilo bags from a local world food shop.
A little goes a long way as I’m sure you know :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, it’s extremely cost effective! My 500gram packet lasts for 2-3 months.

1 Like

Fission Chips

1 Like

I used to make popcorn on the stove top when the kids were little but these days just microwave it. There are so many exotic flavours.

1 Like

I used to make popcorn on the stove all the time also. For me, it was a bit better, mostly because of the oil it was popped in added some fat, but it was more work than it improved the taste.

I’ve tried an air popper, a paper bag in the microwave (zero clean up) and different microwave containers as poppers.

I gave up popcorn after it cracked a tooth. My favorite snack now is potato chips (crisps) and I like blue corn tortilla chips. Chickpea puffs and pea crisps are good too.

1 Like

Yes I was going to say it should carry a health warning. Not just the fact that if you pop yourself you have to be careful of any hard bits, but the kernel casing can also get lodged between your teeth and there’s the risk of burns if it pops too much and hits you in the face.

1 Like

Right, keep a lid on it, and don’t chew. Got it :+1: :smiley:

I don’t think St Agur blue cheese can be good for me but l love it.
I haven’t bought any lately as l do worry about the fat content. Maybe, it wouldn’t be so bad if l didn’t spread the crackers with butter first!

My other love is Greggs, or M&S jam doughnuts. The thing is, if l buy those l buy a pot of double cream to whip up and put in the centre of the doughnut.
Again, l haven’t bought these recently.

1 Like

I to love cheese, we got some fantastic local cheese on the island including my favourite one

Also Gregs jammies 
lovely. Unfortunately we dont have gregs here so its a treat for days on mainland

1 Like

Crisps galore,i gave them up for a month a couple of years ago.
NEVER again.

Also be careful not to breathe in when eating it. People have died from aspirating popcorn when it’s gone down the wrong tube. 
it’s actually banned for kids under 5 in some countries.

1 Like

Umm
ok. This is sounding a bit weird now :thinking: banned popcorn
a danger to kids. Maybe I’ll be sending it back when it comes in today’s shopping then.

1 Like