Film - the most recent you have seen?

Reminiscence - with hugh jackman futuristic great scandanavian female actor too - in the blade runner style - moody and sexy and keeps ya guessing

Forty Guns [1957]
Western
Talking Pictures.

Barbara Stanwyck Gene Barry

Showdown in Arizona between the Bonnell brothers, U.S.Marshals, and Jessica Drummond, the iron-fist rancher who controls the territory.

1 Like

The Wall - Pink Floyd on DVD, thouraghly enjoyed it, saw it on the big screen at Leicester Square many moons ago.

My son however was most unimpressed :wink::+1:

A mass power outage/possible cyber attack. Gigantic Tesla pile up. HaHa

https://twitter.com/i/status/1733124282534736138

Leave the World Behind, Julia Roberts, Netflix.

3 Likes

We just watched that, it was rather good. Scary in an under stated way and very possibly our future :scream:

3 Likes

love the Tesla scene. Musk is not amused.

1 Like

A bit of triviaā€¦.Julia Roberts was in Friends

So if Rose had watched the whole series, sheā€™d have seen her mum!

the answer is

West Wing

1 Like

Barbara Streisand can do no wrong - the film The Mirror Has Two Faces" is one of her best - she not only directs it but has great music ; great acting - one of her finest imo - and some star studded oldie actors too - the best!!

2 Likes

I remember driving up to London and doing the exact same thing. Couldnā€™t wait to see the film, having the album and seeing the show at Earlā€™s Court and remember seeing the cameras filming the audience. Shame the footage didnā€™t make the final cut (No pun intended).

I donā€™t think the film really did the music justice and although some of it was well done, I wasnā€™t overwhelmed with it. I had a chance to watch it again recently, but couldnā€™t really bring myself to sit through it again. Iā€™ll just stick to the album instead.

1 Like

Last week I was dragged to see The Hunger Games - Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.

Felt it was considerably less than the previous films which didnā€™t entirely work. The film was a freebie, so I wonā€™t complain too much.

To be candid Iā€™ve never been a Pink Floyd fan, no disrespect intended.
I suppose The Wall might be considered a bit too accessible for non believers, as a non believer I found the film quite moving in partsā€¦still do!

1 Like

I just watched How to Train Your Dragon. Itā€™s a kidsā€™ movie from 2010. A Viking boy befriends a dragon.

There are a couple sequels and a few series based on the movie. I had not seen the original but had started watching a couple of the series.

When I saw that it was going off Netflix, I decided to watch it. Itā€™s a cute movie, laugh out loud funny for me, heartwarming at the end. Lots of brute force since itā€™s about Vikings, but the boy does some interesting learning things to find out about the dragons.

I really liked it. Itā€™s from the creators of Kung Fu Panda, which I just watched and enjoyed and Shrek, that I liked too.