Apple TV

Finch

Tom Hanks. One of my favourite actors.

The Man Who Would Be King

2 Likes

Mulan.

Mulan EXTENDED FIGHT SCENE ā€œMulan vs Honghuiā€ - YouTube

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the mood for something daft and sloppy with good actorsā€¦so Iā€™m recording
The Holiday on itv2 to watch later with a glass of wine :innocent: :+1:

1 Like

The last movie I watched was on Sky Movies called Last Call
Itā€™s about Dylan Thomas who literally drunk himself to death.

the Well diggers daughter - that quintessential film about rural life in France pre war - that is War 1 - it is really a hoot but a quiet one as you might expect - daughter sorta falls in love with rich boy - daughter gets pregnant and the rest is on the film - but it is a quiet hoot and really very amusing. It reminded me of that series on uk tv about a family on a greek island - similar sort of style

The Illusionist

I was not expecting the end.

Also Winterā€™s Tale. A forgettable movie. The only thing remarkable about it was the credits at the end where I found out it was produced by Steve Mnuchin, one of Trumpā€™s advisors who swindled people out of a lot of money.

1 Like

The Amicable Chrichton

The Green Mile

1 Like

Operation Mincemeat.
Amazing! 10/10. See it! :+1::star2:

Just watched ā€˜The Lady Vanishesā€™ with Margaret Lockwood!

Weā€™re always watching one film after another and TV series as well.

Example: Today so far itā€™s been
This morning: Just My Luck
Then: Under The Tuscan Sun
Currently: The Help

Itā€™s always pleasant to have something in the background while working away and wondering about overwhelming things in silence.

On a brighter note, Iā€™ve always enjoyed watching a multitude of style in the film industry.

Funny example: Iā€™ve watched all the James Bond films that were my fatherā€™s favourites with Sean Connery but after he passed away my favourite JB became Roger Moore :joy::joy::joy:.

Just love good films! Laterā€¦

My son wanted to see Puss in Boots the Last wish, so we went. Thoroughly enjoyable!

Iā€™d love to have seen the latest remake of All Quiet on The Western Front but it wasnā€™t showing locally.

Probably going to be an Amazon DVD/Blu-ray job if and when itā€™s released.

2 Likes

Watched the highly anticipated release of ā€œThe League of Super Petsā€ about Supermanā€™s puppy.

Voiced by the talented Dwayne The Rock Johnson and Kevin Hart. Viewed on Sky last night.

Today, 4 planned . Currently itā€™s Ghostbusters (1984), followed by Ghostbusters 2, Ghostbusters Afterlife and Ghostbusters, the all female crew version.

So you can simply say that itā€™s a ghostbusting dayā€¦

I watched The Piano on tv , Sam Neil was the starā€¦It was predictable what was going to happen.
im now going to watch The Power of the Dog

This time last year I saw Mrs Harris goes to Paris ā€¦itā€™s really luxxie at the cinema with big squishy leather reclining armchairs .
Swan Lake is on at the Vue Iā€™m thinking about going

Mort recent for me:

The Man Who Would Be King

I watched Elephant Man ,it made me sad to think what he went through , brought tears to my eyes at times .
It made me look on line to see what it was he was suffering from

Nice film on Netflix last night: It Snows In Benidorm, with Timothy Spall.