Film - the most recent you have seen?

There was one cinema in town did that - pre-plague - wasn’t very popular.

the shawshank redemption - seen it a few times now - great acting and a look at old style usa or maybe it still happens like that ?

1 Like

Recently streamed Black Widow, on Disney plus ( not been to a movie since fall 2019) It was alright, and was how I expected it to be. It did give us her back story, that was rather nice.

Films? We’ve seen some on Netflix, don’t know if that counts.

The Woman in the Window.
The Dig.
The Girl on the Train.

But we prefer mystery TV series.

The Towering Inferno was on TV last night.
We looked at it differently this time though after 9/11 and Grenfell.

1 Like

Watched The Dig and The Girl on the Train! awesome movies!

The Woman in the window perhaps tomorrow. It’s on my list

1 Like

I seem to remember we watched it kinda by accident and it’s not bad. I’m no expert, … but enjoy :grin:

Thanks DooD- tomorrow evening sorted!

Last film I saw was Frozen 2, on DVD, haven’t been to the cinema since Covid started.

Hearts Beat Loud - a quirky laid back non-violent film father and daughter relationship - multicultural features and a rare cameo appearance of Ted Danson - never spotted him for ages - set in Brooklyn and cruisy man - never realized Brooklyn had a waterfront?

A Royal Affair - Danish subtitles 1700’s entertaining ;evocative ; sensual and true!!

Three films I’ve watched in the last few days, loved all of them:

A Man Called Ove - Swedish film with subtitles, about a cantankerous old fellow, widowed, appears to have a chip on his shoulder. Flashbacks to his younger days explain why. But then a family move in nearby, who are bursting with happiness and enthusiasm, and they finally break down his outer shell.
Starfish - a true, heartbreaking story about a young man, married with a young daughter and another on the way, who becomes suddenly very ill with sepsis. His life is saved, just, but at such a terrible cost. Very moving story.
Blinded by the Light - it’s the late 80s, and Javed, a young Pakistani boy in Luton starts 6th form college. He meets a Sikh student who is obsessed with Bruce Springsteen, lends him a couple of cassettes, and Javed is hooked. Javed has always loved writing - diaries, stories, poetry. His talent is recognised by his college tutor who pushes him to follow his dream. Another true story which, in fact, I didn’t realise until the end!

2 Likes

The 100 Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (2013)

• what a hoot ; hilarious either dutch or swedish or danish or whatever - sub-titled akin to peter sellers stuff and forrest gump very very funny - a true night of entertainment

**Brilliant film - and what a change of character for Joanne Froggatt.

Absolutely - and wasn’t she absolutely fantastic in the role? I cried with her when her husband had that meltdown at the family dinner table, and she spelt out to him, through her tears, how it felt for her. She should have got an award for her acting in that scene alone.

1 Like

First thing I ever saw her in was Dinner Ladies.

Did you see her in Dark Angel? Another true story about a female serial killer! She was brilliant in that as well.

No, I haven’t seen that. I shall look out for it!

1 Like

Delicatessen 1991 - a rather crazy and at times black humour - French post-apocalyptic black comedy film - not for the faint hearted or squeamish types!!

The Queen (2006) with Helen Mirren.

I don’t follow royal goings on, and didn’t even know about this film until it popped up on Netflix yesterday. About early Blair days and the death of Diana. If you enjoyed The Crown, you’ll enjoy this.

Tom Hanks A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood on DVD