Film - the most recent you have seen?

Watched a movie last night, hadn’t seen for 40 years…
Roger Moore ’ the man who haunted himself ’ - It was intriguing as it was first time round - couldn’t recall the ending - other than that …

I had to reply to your post Graham, your so right about the ridiculous prices they charge for food and drink, we don’t go very often, the last time was to see The Hobbit last December in 3D, I took a bag of snacks and drink in and know one bothered :blush::smiley:

I also purchased the film when it came out in 3D as we have a 3D TV and its one of those films you can watch over and over again, Might just wait until the other two are out on DVD as its such a long film to sit through at the Cinema.

Amanda x

I too have just watched Quartet (at home) which I enjoyed very much. Gentle, feel good, story about the inhabitants of a retired musicians home coping with old age and their past.

Starred Tom Courtney, Maggie Smith, Michael Gabbon, Billy Connolly

I have seen Quartet too. Enjoyable movie, though it doesn’t leave you with any lasting impression or a desire to watch it again. Definitely a movie to watch though as it is as different to a ‘Hollywood Blockbuster’ as you are likely to find :).

If you or any members of your family are into animation - which I am - then you won’t go far wrong with ‘Wreck it Ralph’.

Wreck-It Ralph (2012) - IMDb

Great film with fully fleshed out characters too. Grown ups should enjoy it - as I have done - as much as the kids. A real gem :).

I don’t tend to watch films these days but when babysitting at my sons house recently I watched ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’ which had a great cast including Judi Dench ,Tom Wilkinson, Bill Nighy, Penelope Wilton and Maggie Smith.

I missed bits but what I saw was quite enjoyable .

We watched Jack Reacher at the w/end, wasn’t impressed at all especially as in the books Jack’s a big blonde hunk and Tom Cruise is almost a dwarf and it wasn’t just me,OH usually likes action movies but he didn’t like it either, glad we have foxtel as I wouldn’t pay to see it.

We watched Django Unchained at the w/end, OH loved it and I thought it was rather good too altho’ a bit gory for me in parts but some great humour too, we hired it on pay tv and I’ll watch it again when it’s free :slight_smile:

The other night I watched Giant, starring James Dean, Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor. That’s one of many of my favorite movies.

‘The Sapphires’ is one film I have watched recently that I can recommend wholeheartedly. Great story, excellent acting and superb singing. Based on a true story of Aboriginal sisters going to sing in Vietnam for the troops. A real feel good movie and one I have watched a few times now.

Psycho :lol:

Watched RED the other night on DVD, brilliant concept, Helen Mirren as a stone cold killer? brilliant and in places laugh out loud funny.

I watched Plunkett and Macleane last night with my son, it was made in 1999, and it is amazing how many times we both pointed and said ‘oh my g*d look who it is’. was on one of the Channel 4 channels and can highly recommend. Described as a ‘romantic action comedy’ and it ticks all the boxes.

The Iceman (2012)

[URL=“http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1491044/”]
The Iceman IMDb

He would kill many of his victims and store them in a huge freezer - loads of them! After a while he would defrost them, cut them up and dispose of them. Reason for this was that it was hard to tell when they were murdered - amongst others.

Had a family and 2 daughters yet the man supposedly murdered over 100 people :shock:. All in the line of business so maybe he can be excused :twisted:.

Overall not a bad film but not exactly riveting either. Just a portrayal of a cold blooded killer.

Big Fat Gypsy Gangster (2011)

After sixteen years at Her Majesty’s Pleasure, Britain’s hardest man is released from prison, and into the care of a documentary film crew headed by a Brit-loving American film-maker who follow him for the next week, on an hilarious roller-coaster tour of gangland London and beyond.

What a crazy mad ride of a film. Completely barmy from start to finish. Easily offended by swearing should steer well clear of this one. Watched it a few times now. Suits my off the wall type of humour so I found it very funny.

A Harlequin movie…“The Waiting Game” with Art Hindle…

Watched “The Rite” with Anthony Hopkins, good but could have been better.

Behind the Candelabra (Liberace)
(IMDB Link)

Michael Douglas and Matt Damon show how good they are at acting. They both do a remarkable job, and when you consider Michael Douglas had only recovered from cancer the previous year well you have to take your hat off to him.

Don’t know how much Liberace was earning but it must have been a hell of a lot :shock:.

Will never match up to his father - in any respect …

Maybe not it a lot of respects but a close 2nd in actiing surely ;-).