Film - the most recent you have seen?

We use the Vue in Merthyr and normally go on a Wednesday (son is on Orange) and he always gets seats in the middle row of the three super duper seats near the top, huge armchairs, with wide rests really comfy seats and plenty of leg room - he needs it being 6’4". He laughs at me when I moan about the price of the food/sweets etc. But as he pays for the ticket and his own pop corn it does not really effect me as I rarely have more than a coffee.

I was looking at a film on channel 5 last night called “The Invasion”, not a bad film I thought. However I burst out laughing at the beginning when an American news reporter was trying to describe an organism from outer space that has just landed on earth, he ends by saying “One things for sure folks, it aint from around here.” priceless. I know I’m easily amused but it was the best laugh I had all day.:lol:

Jem, your comment made me think of a line from one of Izzards routines “Folks from 'round 'ere, ain’t from 'round 'ere; they’re from Devon”

Son and I went to see the new Star Trek on Saturday, brilliant of course. A revisit to the Wrath of Khan, which I actually understood better than the original, made more sense. One thing the film did do brilliantly was show exactly how flippin HUGEThe Enterprise is!!

:lol: I love that Des.
I’m hoping to see the new Star Trek film soon, got great reports about it.

Late last night I watched the film West is West, obviously a follow up to the '99 film, East is East. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the young Asian cast members were brilliant, and it was good to see ‘George’ eventually brought down to size, there was a brilliant scene where his two ‘wives’ (that is the one he left in Pakistan 30 years earlier) and the one he married in England, had a conversation. Well sort of, as neither could understand a word the other was saying or even really ‘get the guist’ and yet each’s response was appropriate and very moving.

[CENTER].
We went to see the new Star Trek two days ago.

If they continue with the remake it can only get better.

The new Mr Spock shows great promise?
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g366/dagwood6/SeniorForums2013/ZacharyQuinto.gif
.[/CENTER]

I am watching To Rome with Love at the moment, i taped it from sky films and watching it in about 30 min slots as most of it is in spoken in Italian with sub titles. It seems to be a typical Woody Allen film.

I have never seen a Woody Allen film - what do you make of them, is there ‘one’ to be recommended…?

Watched Overboard love Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel in that one.

The life of py … brilliant film, not often I say the film is better than the book but it is … and I loved the book so was expecting to be dissapointed.
It is just as you imagined it.

We watched The Hobbit at the weekend, I thought it was quite good, also watched Water for Elephants and really enjoyed it, good story and good acting, OH is impatient for Django Unchained to come out on Foxtel Later this year., s’posed to be very good too.

Interested in ‘Water for elephants’ - whats it about …?

Basic plot is about an old man telling of his younger days , how he was studying to be a vet,then stuff happens and he finds work as a circus vet and ends up training an elephant while teaching the circus owners Mrs how to ride him , it’s a great film, anyway the owner threatens to kill the elephant and … no more! ye’ll have to watch it:-)

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/3357/cutemousebuzz.gif

I will definitely look for the DVD of that !
Thanks gal :smiley:

Just watched Brideshead Revisited. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Unrequited love, desire and low and behold the practically untouchable subject matter (on here anyways ;-)) religious zeal. You can catch it for a while on BBC iPlayer here:

Bridehead Revisited

I watched a Mike Leigh film last night on the tv called “Another Year”, it was brilliant. I like Mike Leigh plays and films. I’m going to buy it on DVD now.

the last film I went to see at Cinema was Les Miserables and I absolutely loved it, so much so I went to see it for a second time. Russell Crowe can’t really sing in my mind but yet boy did he pull off the part he played, Hugh Jackman was brilliant too swoon

Ah yes, lurve our Hugh! i haven’t seen it yet and looking forward to it, watched a review and when asked about the ‘singing’ Russell said that it didn’t matter and the director wanted drama rather opera but I never miss anything with Jackman in it, last of his I saw was ‘Real Steel’ and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last night my son decided to download the recent remake of Total Recall. Judgement? Well I have to say that I loved the original a classic/iconic movie imho but if this latest version is watched as a ‘total’ new movie then it was okay. That is if you like non stop action, cos this has non stop in spades. Okay to while away a couple of hours, Although by the time Beckinsale’s character died I was ready to shout ‘at last’ she was more indestructible than the flippin Terminator.