Feelin' Lonely, Tonight!

available wot at 3 am ?

Well lonely burglars need somebody to talk to, too. :102:

1 Like

really th0ught they just muttered under their breathe? - can’t get decent silver anywhere these days!

1 Like

I Google available services in my area, pretty much daily.

Services are getting better, with “Silverline”, “Samaritans” (who actually speak to the caller, these days) and with the NHS crisis line available, also.

“Silverline” is nice…they’re ordinary people, there for ordinary chat, free of charge, all day/night, which is a first, I think, for the UK - set up by Esther Rantzen.

I’d like to do phoning jobs, but none is available unless you can train up, first, then start staffing the calls, later.

My capabilities are quite good, actually, Mups.

I’m a weight trainer for 22 years.
I’m a martial artist after 44 years.
I’m a knife thrower, and a stick fight trainer.

I am fully able-bodied, which is a help.

I plan to attempt some long walks, overnight, this year - plan to, anyway.

Every time I try to force myself to be awake during the day, and asleep during the night, the depression/anxiety go insane and I end up seriously worse than I was, even when I stick at it.

ya not a scouser by any chance are ya?

Ian, can’t your doctor help you with your agrophobia and your depression?

I don’t understand how can you plan long overnight walks if you haven’t left the house for 26 years.?

How do you do shopping for food, clothes & other necessary supplies - or if you need to go to the doctors surgery?

Do you know about the bereavement society called cruse? They had one to one counselling & all sorts of help, both practical & emotional. They are a Nationwide organisation and might be worth a ring.

I am so sorry for the grief you’re going through. I hope you find something to help.

1 Like

I’ve been treated for lots of psychiatric problems, for around 50 years. Surgeries are highly unlikely to appoint therapists, these days, because the therapy agencies charge far too much for their services. Over terms with 3 therapists, I managed ONE trip out. This agoraphobia is dug deep inside, by now, and will be much harder to deal with. For short times, I’ve beaten it, but it always comes back.

Now and then, I can do an overnight walk, when it’s really peaceful, quiet and still. During those times, the agoraphobia is at its weakest. Not many of these walks will happen, maybe, but I have to start somewhere. What I plan to do is go on overnight walks and stay out for when the Sun starts coming up, next time a little longer, and the time after that a little longer, etc… That might help.

As for shopping, I use…(paid) friends.com, Tesco.com, ASDA.com, etc… I was stockpiling on things long before Covid showed up. I still do it, when I can.

When I succeed in a THERAPEUTIC trip out, I don’t count those among “spontaneous” trips out. It might still happen, this year…time will tell.

Thanks, for your post.

No. I’m not a Liverpudlian, if that was what you meant.

I love Liverpool, and it’s folk, though.

Their sense of humour is second to none. :slight_smile:

Get some otc sleep aids to help with getting your sleep pattern a bit more regular…
Don’t take them all the time just now and again .

1 Like

I tried grief counselling, Pixie, and she was damned rude to me, so I quietly shut us down, on only the second call. If that’s any example of grief counselling, then I’d sooner do without.

1 Like

A good idea, May.

My Faith and spiritual beliefs are based around the continuance of the person’s personality/character, after death, so I do believe that Lin is still around, somewhere, in some form. She wasn’t my wife…I kinda wish, now, that she had been. Sometimes, though, I just wish she, in full body, could be back here.

Whatabout a pet of some sort.Something else to care for other than yourself?

1 Like

I’ve given some consideration to this and the jury is still out.

2 Likes

Ian, I wish you had mentioned that you suffered with Agoraphobia in your opening post, as l would never have mentioned the saying about ‘the world doesn’t come to you, you have to go out and get it’.
I apologise about that.

1 Like

Hello Ian, I hope you’re OK
Yes, it would have been useful if you had mentioned agoraphobia at the beginning, but never mind, we’re here now

Here are a few comments & suggestions that I hope will be useful & encouraging … a bit disjointed & rambling, but I’m sure you’ll manage

I’ve Searched t’Net for night time chat, & telephone calls. there are lots of references, but I’m sure you will have done that, and have a better idea of what you want than me.
Similar with if you Search for walking at night

On to YouTube now

Search for walking at night; urban walking in England; walking in English towns, and see what turns up

Look at these channels -

The Bald Explorer – he goes on short easy walks mostly around Sussex and other parts of southern England. I’ve never been there and probably never will, but he shows how to get interest & enjoyment from short easy walks

The Village Idiot - he explores and walks around English villages

And there are several similar sort of channels about walking in London, Manchester, and so on, just follow the prompts & see what turns up
All these are in the daytime, but I don’t see why most of them should not be done at night

As I mentioned, my hobbies are model making, knife making, and leather craft
I have met a couple of people who are not agoraphobic but are in a wheelchair, so spend a lot of time in their homes, and they do model making , and leather craft

Recently I’ve been watching these video channels -

Marty’s Matchbox Makeovers - he restores old & damaged diecast toys; there are other similar channels
Watch repair
Marquetry
Restoration videos, such as Screws and tools; my mechanics; LADB restoration; and others
I don’t want to do these, but they are strangely relaxing to watch

And as you will know, there are videos on just about anything that interests you - wood carving, matchstick model making, and from making stuffed toys to making steam engines, just Surf YT and you might find something that takes your fancy
It doesn’t really matter what it is, just something to meet your interest & satisfaction

And there are loads of Facebook Groups; I am on ones for model making, leather craft, antiquated street furniture, Tai chi; just Search the list and see what turns up

1 Like

Discord is an app that is sort of like a forum. If people set it up with voice chat, there are places where people can hang out and voice chat. You can set one up with a bunch of friends or try to find one that’s public.

Because it’s pretty technical and people were using them to video game with friends, most of the Discord servers are run and have mostly young people. I haven’t seen any with older people running them.

There may be but I haven’t seen them yet.

2 Likes

I looked to see if I could find him any videos on nocturnal stick fighting, but I drew a blank. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Herbal, You are a great witty poster but you get your timing wrong… I’m surprised that you don’t value your membership on here?

All said in the nicest possible taste!! :blush:

1 Like