Face Masks Were Pointless New Study Finds

I religiously wore a mask, kept 2m distant, washed my hands, sanitised my hands, sanitised door handles, etc. possibly went entirely crazy trying to stay safe. I CAUGHT COVID :pensive:

1 Like

Huh?.

Same here User _One

:frowning_face:

It’s not what you do, it’s the way that you do it, there were many “Chin Hammocks”

1 Like

There is absolutely no research that could pick up the nuances of not wearing masks properly, pretending to wear a mask, wearing a mask under your chin & mixing extensively with people you live with in multigenerational cramped quarters without a mask etc.

1 Like

There were many “Untrained” folk who left the nostrils exposed!!!

1 Like

I’m not stopping wearing a mask .
Altruistic reasons I’m sure it helps in preventing coughs and colds.
Also washing hands and carrying a antibacterial gel .

1 Like

I’m always surprised at how people are surprised that they caught Covid even though they carefully wore a mask as recommended (and wore it properly). It seems that they are surprised as they thought the mask wearing was 100% reliable and effective. Its not. Its just much more effective than not wearing a mask.
No-one ever complains “I was wearing a seat belt when my car crashed and I still got injured”.

2 Likes

I was talking about China where they always wear them and have been for many years now without any compulsion.

That’s because of the fumes and polluted air.

1 Like

Yup I know so they would wear them properly.

If you go to a crowded auditorium to a three hour concert and mask wearing is about 50/50, there is a good chance a mask wearer will get infected, if you want to reduce the risk to zero, stay at home.

Good point Strath, however, It wasn’t the fact that I wore a mask everywhere that made me surprised that I caught covid, it was the fact that I didn’t go out or mix with any other people (bit of a hermit you might say) But I can’t say the same about Mrs Fox, where she goes and who she sees

That’s the rub of it Foxy, if you are in control, it’s quite easy to isolate yourself in public, but impossible in the home, also, some folks who unfortunately have to work in close quarters with others where, it would be impossible to fully protect yourself.

1 Like

Living as a recluse never leaving home may well bring on other serious ailments.
Also I don’t believe it’s an option most people would be willing to undertake.

Given your isolation then it does seem unusual, but not unique, to have got Covid. Down here in rural SW France I mostly wore a mask, mostly kept out of towns, mostly kept out of bars / restaurants 
 until they re-opened. Since all restrictions were lifted its been back to normal. And never got Covid (thus far).

1 Like

I also strictly carried the Covid law hands face and space.
Always carry antibacterial gel and stayed local.
Indeed I still mask up on public transport .
I have managed to avoid covid , colds ,coughs and flu.

Ripple you might have had it without even realising it. A few weeks back I kept getting a dry mouth absolutely no other symptoms and as I was bored took a test and sure enough I tested positive.

1 Like

I suppose anything is possible .
Maybe asymptomatic covid .
All I can say is I feel great no symptoms of any illness :wink:
Hope you’ve made a good recovery

Honestly Ripple I didn’t have any symptoms at all, if I hadn’t have been bored I wouldn’t have even taken a test, don’t really know why I did because I wasn’t feeling ill at all. If I hadn’t taken the test I wouldn’t have known I had it and would have been passing it around.