Exercise bikes

Oh DM, . . . try stabiliser bars, they’re all the rage here. :lol:

Falling over at ten is a lot different than falling over at my advanced age! :mrgreen: Fractured hip!! Nursing home, pneumonia and six feet under!

I did actually think about getting one of those adult three wheelers, but I live in a rather hilly neighborhood and didn’t fancy all those steep uphill rides, even though I know it’s a great aerobic workout. Plus, no place to park it …garage is full of junk!

Thats why I gave up riding Dandysmom, I don’t bounce so well!

You could always get an electric bike to help with the hills, you still pedal but its like someone is gently pushing as well.

Remember those mopeds, . . . on a step hill you had to pedal it was only a 50cc engine in them, . . two pints of petrol lasted for 1000 miles. :lol:

We might all need one of them the way petrol is going up again.

I think I’ll stick to shanks mare! :mrgreen: I hsve enough padding that I might bounce, but not going to try it!

This is a true story, a garage in the early 60’s near us had a very rude owner, he was one of those guys who drove a huge Jaguar.
A chap rode in on a moped for petrol, the tank on it only held half a gallon, he asked the guy to fill it up, which he duly did, after replacing the filler cap he asked the chap if he’d like a couple of farts for his tyres too.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: you all are so funny.

I’ve been wanting to get a bike for so long, we have bike trails here and some go 40 or more miles. I would never ride in the street or wear a helmet, not much to lose up there that is not lost already. What a way to go riding a bike trail in early spring.

Do get a helmet if you get a bike, buzzie, concussion is not a nice thing!

Shanks’s mare is Shanks’s pony over here DM - two countries divided by the same language, eh?

Didn’t know that! Remember the good thread we had ages ago on Catsey on that subject?

I’ll think about it but it would make my ride miserable and I would never go alone. I hate the seat belt law and yet I wear it. It’s crazy, that’s a law when it hurts no one but yourself when people can text and talk on a cell and endanger themselves and others.:confused:.

You should definitely get a helmet Buzzie, we see the results of people coming off of their bikes quite often, and it can be more serious than concussion.

It is against the law over here to talk on mobile phones when driving, but a lot of people still do.

It’s against the law here in DC too; doesn’t stop them, though. Texting, too.

I know some states do outlaw using a cell phone while driving.

I was at my friends today and took a pick of our bike trail, her house is right up next to it. This is just the sign and I will send a pic of the trail next. I know you’re all in bed.:wink:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g306/minnie50/000_0732.jpg

The Bike Trail

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g306/minnie50/000_0735.jpg

It looks lovely, buzzie, especially now with the
Autumn color. Is it bikes only or do runners use it too?

It’s bikes, runners, walkers and dogs:cool: This afternoon there was a man with a young Lab about a year old trying to get him exercise by riding his bike as fast as he could with the dog chasing him. His wife used to walk him as a puppy and I got to know her and I fell in love with that dog. It coat was like velvet.

It’s lonely at this hour and I wonder what it will be like when we go live?? It’s such a nice forum with such nice people and Azz does run all his forums so well.

Well I’m signing off too nighty night:-)

The leaves look gorgeous there
Isn’t it nice that you two can talk to each other whilst we’re all zzzzing? And it will be lovely when we lose beta status and gain new playmates :slight_smile: