Exercise bikes

:frowning: I never was any good at hulahoops, french skipping was my thing, twang!

Does anyone have one of these parks for the older persons near them, I quite fancy having a go legally. Imagine the action shots. :lol::lol:

Never heard of those, moetmum…what are they like?

Here’s Michelle Obama giving it a go!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8319989.stm

They are like a childrens playground but designed for the more mature in our society. They are supposed to help them keep fit. I have never tried one but one was opened near Winchester which isn’t far from me.

I’ve never seen or heard of those parks either, moetmum :confused:

She’s probably the fittest First Lady we’ve ever had …and green too! :slight_smile:

I don’t think there are very many, the one near here is at Kingsworthy, Hampshire.

Don’t know of any round where I am. I’d love to have a go too- looks good fun and you’d get the exercise as well. Besides that, we’re all kids at heart aren’t we?:smiley:

Good excuse to act like a kid…;-):lol:

We should all write to our MPs requesting at least one Over 50s park in our towns :mrgreen:

I’d be there everyday!:lol:

Good idea Mags-I’d be there too. But will they listen to us?

I very much doubt it, merz! :roll:

Maybe we should start a petition :smiley: I would love to have a go too!

Exercise bike? Horrible idea. Whats wrong with a real one? or going dancing? At least then youd get to meet people and watch scenery.

I had one once along with the good intentions, it made my bum sore :shock:
For days I was walking like a cowboy who had lost his horse :shock:

Can’t imagine how Azz stays on one for so long (though I guess it is of a better quality than the one I had with a superior padded seat :mrgreen: )

I prefer to walk, 2000 paces = one mile and I have measured how far I need to walk across the fields to cover one mile. Some days I walk 4 miles and I don’t get a sore bum :slight_smile:

Your body adjusts to the seat :lol: after a few days your bums not so sore anymore. Or, you could, whilst in the transition stage, use a cushion :lol:

So who’s up for a fitness thread? Actually I’ll go start one and see what everyone says :101:

Fitness is very important and we should try not to let increasing years mean decreasing fitness. Given we may have more leisure time, we should try to look after ourselves.

Claire, . . there is no way you’d get me on a bicycle in today’s traffic, they’re all nutters.

Even if I had a ‘real’ bike, no way would I go out on it in a big city :shock: I would be too busy watching the traffic to be able to look at scenery.

It’s ok for those who live in rural area.

Claire, some people can’t ride a regular bike! I tried as a child on my best friends bike, kept falling over; after weeks of skinned knees and scrape elbows, gave up. Apparently there’s something wrong with my sense of balance. As soon as they let go I’d wobble and crash!