Electric cars shock

Who is going to pay for the upgrade to my supply Bruce? And I’ll probably outlive the battery, that will mean another ten grand I’d have to spend on an old vehicle. Or lay out another £37,000 fo a new one because who will buy my second hand vehicle with a knackered battery?

You just plug it into a normal power point takes 6 hours You have power points in your house?

These are just excuses

The battery is guaranteed for 8 years will you still be driving then? How much has a normal new car depreciated in that time?

Most people are struggling to pay their electric bills now Bruce.
My diesel is now 12 years old and still going strong and I still hope to be driving in 18 years time…I’ll be ninety just like the bloke in Mupsy’s post…

I believe that Boris’s boss, Carrie, has decided to prevent the sale of new ICE cars after 2030.
I think it is safe to ignore such nonsense. Apart from the fact that it is ‘undoable’, Carrie (and Boris) won’t be here in 2030.

I shall never buy an EV. In fact, I have thought about changing from petrol to diesel as the latter was always a better option, although they no doubt add more tax on the fuel for some reason.
Another question re. diesels, I believe you now have to add an additive (Adblue?) to the diesel. Why? If I didn’t would the engine stop working?

But diesel is even dearer than petrol at the mo, JBR, so I’d stay as you are for the time being.

But doesn’t it provide more mpg?

I don’t honestly know. Does it? And is so, is there that much difference to make paying extra worthwile?

It’s just another rouse to make it less attractive to buy a diesel. At the moment I believe its just on new vehicles over a certain size and it squirts into the exhaust to prevent some pollution. The vehicle with Adblue will stop working if the reservoir is allowed to run out.

It’s made from urea, but I think it’s taking the piss!

1 Like

This comes across to me as yet another dictatorial rule for us put in place by our lovely politicians.
Still, there is light at the end of the tunnel:
“Not all car manufacturers use AdBlue technology. But chances are if you’ve got a diesel from Jaguar, Land Rover or any French or German manufacturer, and it was registered new after September 2015, it’ll use AdBlue.”
I’d have to investigate Japanese and Korean cars!
Or buy a horse… er, they haven’t thought up any silly ideas about making them green, have they?

1 Like

Got to stop thinking about conventional cars and think about vehicles for one or two people. Only when cars ceased to be horseless carriages did progress start to take place. Now it will be when personal transport vehicles cease to be cars will electric transport vehicles make progress.

How about bicycles? :rofl:

Featured on top gear, weighs 2.6 tonne to accomodate the batteries, motors on the four wheels .

I do 3000 miles a year. I filled up in February and it cost about £58, then £70 in April and last week it was about £80

Some would suggest an electric would suit you, but then you have to factor in the cost of the car in the first place, you’d never recover it with that. low mileage

electric cars= mechanic job loss
Breakdown= no recovery
replace battery= replace car cheaper

1 Like

Electric cars shock

Whatever next … E-Bikes catching fire, now cars giving electric shocks.

Electric vehicles = electric vehicle mechanics
Breakdown= towed to workshop
Battery end of life = battery refurbished

No, I’ll stick with my Mini.

1 Like

Good man.

1 Like

Now we are talking. :grinning: