Do you exercise?

Before this lockdown I used to walk for half-an-hour every day, since then the weight has gone on so it’s necessary to start walking again. I’ve lost 10kg and defeated the onset of Type 2 diabetes in the past so will do it again! :slight_smile:

Wish you well with it.

Thanks Besoeker, it’s just the weight that has piled on, the diabetes is OK as I had a blood test halfway through June and all was well, thank goodness. :slight_smile:

Good!
With with the weight too.

Someone with a sence of humour

No need to have stopped walking Baz, I carried on running as normal. Very little chance of catching the virus outside…And besides, keeping fit would have been the best defence if you had caught it…But good luck with your return to exercise…:wink:

Yes OGF, but it was not just the lockdown per se, it was more what it did to me just not seeing a soul I knew since mid-February until the lockdown was slowly eased, about mid-June. Also I had to shop for food and that was very stressful. I am usually a strong-minded person but that was not good for me at all.

Thanks for your good luck wishes, I will get there, it’s all in the mind really as were the previous negatives experienced. :wink: :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing about your progress Baz…:wink:

Pleased to see you have a Sense of Humour,Percy.

:slight_smile:

Counting the remaining days until the gym opens… I can’t wait. :smiley:

Yay, I’ll be at the gym at 11am on Monday!! I bet I’ll be stiff as a board on Tuesday but it will be worth it.

I would never waste money on a gym. I have my daily walk before 7am, I do plenty of step ups. I reckon I could almost climb Everest the number of times I am up and down our stairs in a day as my study equipment is in my bedroom.:lol:

All the best for Monday Tachyon, don’t go mad though…:wink:

I exercise daily…I have machines at home…at the moment I am resting,because I had a nasty fall…hopefully in a few days I will be back on my machines.

You go man…can’t beat exercise.:slight_smile:

Thanks OGF and Pauline. :slight_smile: I’ve really missed the gym, I can tell you that. I’ll start off with half the weights and keep the reps the same. I’ve been exercising at home, doing step-ups on the back stairs and using a variety of stretch bands for arms and legs, but it’s no substitute. You can’t beat free weights, machines and pulley work!

I had thought I’d be lucky to book a session (you can’t just turn up now) but there are plenty of slots free.

I’ve been exercising at home - step-ups, stretch bands of various resistances for arms and legs, and of course walking as well - but I don’t have the equipment required for a proper workout. The machines at my gym record the amount lifted and calories burnt and the last time I went there on March 12th the records show I moved 63,430 kilos and burnt 947 calories. and regrettably a daily walk and the step-ups and trips up and down the stairs in my home isn’t going to do that for me. :slight_smile:

That particular session lasted 104 minutes, though I won’t be doing that on my first session because we are restricted to 1 hour sessions for the foreseeable future. I generally hit the gym 3 times a week, but because of the 1-hour session policy I have been told I can go every day if I so wish as long as I book a session each time. Not bad for a fiver a week. :slight_smile:

FWIW, I do an hour or so most days with the dog(s). He runs and in out between the branches. Just my age…

Until lockdown on March 25th…I was swimming three times a week and doing two exercise classes pw. From lockdown on, I started doing a 15-20 minute youtube workout. That stopped in June when my son visited and we created a “bubble”. Up to that time I was regularly walking at least a hour a day. Since the rules have been relaxed I’ve been walking with friends for about 3 hours and few times a week and now do just a 5 minute abs workout and the walking. Frankly, I don’t miss swimming and my (slightly) torn shoulder ligament is much improved…my hip arthritis is also massively improved, so I’m happy to continue without the leisure centre…:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can’t wait to run again, but when the coffee table attacked me and broke my toe, it won and I lost. Tomorrow I am going to walk a track for the first time since Independence Day on July 4th. I am crossing my fingers…my toes - not so much :lol: .