Do You Change Your Bedsheets?

Favorite feelings for me is crisp, clean percale linens on my bed! I change them about every 5 days or so. I don’t mind the time it takes or effort involved. I do have light covers/blankets in summer and heavier in winter. No duvets, but nice spreads and shams.

2 Likes

Thanks Judd! That’s a brilliant idea! I’m going to try that! I struggle so much with my mattress! It weighs a ton!

1 Like

The timber in question is a small length of floorboard placed on its edge between the mattress and the base. Leaves a gap of around five inches to work with. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@RightNow a woman after my own heart,
I don’t really like duvets and use mine (a very light one) as an eiderdown with sheets and a bedspread which matches the curtains.
If I could I would have crisp clean white cotton sheets every single day… :icon_cool:
They are one of the joys of life…

2 Likes

Thank you @Judd

1 Like

@Judd & @Minx You do realise that you are supposed to turn your mattress over completely every 6 months…take it that isn’t an option then :thinking:

1 Like

Yes I do that when my daughter comes to visit. It takes the three of us to turn it over. Then I steam clean it, allow to dry before turning over.

1 Like

We do that and top to bottom.

1 Like

Same here. V’s job (I turn the mattresses over). Linen tumble dried even though we have the space for a washing line and 2 whirligig driers already set up outside. Only the top pillow cases get ironed.

1 Like

I have done a couple of times - bloody difficult on my own. :frowning:

3 Likes

@PixieKnuckles every 6 month :astonished:
I turn mine over… either over or top to bottom at least once a month…

4 Likes

oops
:blush:
Noted :+1:

1 Like

Yup, and they’re tricky as well as heavy.
Ours is rotated every 3 months, turned every 6 as per the instructions but I could do with one of those ceiling hoists to help TBH.
:laughing:

1 Like

NO! My mattress has a top and a bottom (it is printed on it).

2 Likes

This one:

They don’t sell it anymore and I was lucky to have got it on a price match with a 5 year LG warranty. I love it and my clothes definitely come our softer in this machine than any others I’ve had in the past - wonder if it’s just because it has a bigger drum? Or the fabric conditioner I use…

You’ve actually just given me an idea for another thread :lol:

I forgot to say that I do this too… but what I do is I will spray the mattress with a fairly strong mixture of tea tree essential oils (or whichever antibacterial essential oil I fancy) and then leave it for several hours, then, take off the brush of the vacuum and vacuum every inch of the mattress. This is to kill and remove bed/dust mites :023:

2 Likes

You have obviously seen what can lurk in your Mattress Azz dont feel like it is only yours though…common sense tells your otherwise…tea tree oil is a favorite of mine and will be part of my anti bac cleaner that I make up from scratch…It all came about because of my Daughters serious Breast Cancer…started looking at more and more natural cleaners…Lemon for Grease, Tree Tea Oil for Anti’s and Water to level it out…If others have any other add ons that would be handy for sure…

2 Likes

You should start a thread about that Dianne - I am sure a few of us will be interested in it and hopefully able to continue to it ourselves :003:

1 Like

Yes, maybe, I had ruined a really nice new T.Shirt, by using a shop cleaner with some bleach in it…sprayed the shower and had splash back…so now have spots of not so nice Denim Blue T.Shirt with added whitish spots on it…

1 Like

Apropos of nothing - my street is lined with Paper Bark trees (where Tea Tree Oil comes from - not sure of the proper name).

The Electricity company butchers them every year or so to stop them interfering with the power wires, when they grind them up it smells rather nice.

1 Like

yes understand the tree Police…Every year we have Helicopters flying around and inspecting any tree growth…whether in your garden or or on the roadside…Has been a few years of cat and mouse…ignore them and cut back yourself any trees near the electric cables…at least you can do it in stages and get rid of the cut down ones…Just the once we let the tree fellers in and they completely devastated our Trees near the overhead wires and left a months worth of us clearing the fallout…
Luckily this past year all electric cables crossing our Gardens have been altered…