Do You Change Your Bedsheets?

Sounds like ‘heaven’…Meg…I have some White Guests Ones, that are all Cotton and SmallFrills on the Edges with some embroidery as well…love them, but it’s Out of The Wash and straight to the Ironing…So don’t use except for guests that are not so use to the hot nights…
cotton sheets

2 Likes

With you all the way on that one, Meg!

1 Like

Yes, I change linens to a different set and the washed set goes back into the linen cupboard after washing.

Fabric wise, I prefer soft cotton with a high thread count. I’ve never tried silk sheets.

1 Like

Wash every week, alternate bedsheets, constant fighting with getting the duvet cover on - so annoying! No dryer or air drying opportunities so hang them on a clothes horse by an open window. I scoosh them a little bit with room scent before putting them on the bed, but really like @Meg’s idea of lavender sachet under the pillow! :+1:

1 Like

Wash and dry the same day and then put them back on the bed. Dried on the line if the weather is good. Tumble-dried if not.

1 Like

It is good having an all in one, if you like the dryer option,my thoughts are if they are still made like they were moons ago.
.If any breakdown occurs, the whole machine cannot be used…

1 Like

I strip the bed once a week and leave it to air out for a couple of hours.

Sheets and pillowcases and duvet cover put in the washing machine and pegged out on the clothes line when finished.

While that is drying, bed is remade with a fresh set of linen.

2 Likes

Not necessarily the case. The drying function in our AEG washer/dryer packed up 18 months ago, but the washer still works fine. As I understand it, they both run from separate motors.

3 Likes

I wondered if techno had advanced…good thing it has…

2 Likes

With…I’m not a hethen🤪

2 Likes

Usually I will strip the bed and if the weather is suitable for line-drying I will wash it straight away, but if not it might sit in the laundry basket for a day or two just to see if line-drying is an option because IMHO line-dried is always better, right?
It always seems fresher line-dried than tumble-dried and it’s more eco-friendly too.

The bed is usually left to air for at least a few hours before being re-made, so I guess it waits for about as long as using your method @Bruce except that I don’t put the freshly-laundered stuff back on.

As I see a few others have said, I too have quite a few different sets of bedding and their use is rotated because as the saying goes: a change is as good as a rest.
I suppose part of the reason I won’t put the freshly-laundered bedding back on is because my memory would probably cause problems and I would more-easily forget when it had been last washed, so that either it would be left for months or I would be washing the darned stuff every other day!
:rofl:

1 Like

That’s a good point, usually I have my washing on the line by 8am or 9am at the latest and it is dry by midday even in winter. I don’t have a dryer because it is never needed.

Occasionally I don’t do the washing the same day because when it rains here it really rains then I use my Dr Who Tardis doona and pillow cases (matches my Dr Who carpet)

I have a king single bed but I use a double doona with it and two pillows
King Single = 107 x 203 cm 3’6" x 6’8"
Best thing I bought as I am 183cm (6ft) so my feet don’t stick out the end.

1 Like

bed changed every week, put on the line outside…weather permitting, window open and mattress aired before bed made up with clean linen

2 Likes

Do You Change Your Bedsheets?

Certainly not.
That’s ‘woman’s work’! :rofl:

1 Like

Just changed my bedding yesterday - same duvet all year round, just different covers. Summer cover is nice and light, so I don’t get too warm, winter cover is a thicker cotton for the extra warmth.

The bottom sheet is a fitted one and the mattress is so damned heavy, I have to prop it up with a piece of timber so that I can fold the sheet under the mattress. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With you all the way there Meg apart from your granddaughter has not made me lavender bags, LOL so do not have any of those but a idea I may copy.

I have duvets so have 4 sets; which I rotate they are all same colour but different designs/patterns. Once ironed it goes to the bottom of the pile.

2 Likes

I take my sheets & pillow cases off (no pun) about once a year.
I put them in the big Tub, with a bit of powder, and bash it around with the posher.

Or, on a really sunny day, I might take it down to the River & hand wash it down there.

Drying is all about putting it on the clothes line & forgetting it’s there.

If it doesn’t look good, after all that, I might just buy a new set.

Simples!

1 Like

Favorite feelings for me is crisp, clean percale linens on my bed! I change them about every 5 days or so. I don’t mind the time it takes or effort involved. I do have light covers/blankets in summer and heavier in winter. No duvets, but nice spreads and shams.

2 Likes

Thanks Judd! That’s a brilliant idea! I’m going to try that! I struggle so much with my mattress! It weighs a ton!

1 Like

The timber in question is a small length of floorboard placed on its edge between the mattress and the base. Leaves a gap of around five inches to work with. :slight_smile:

3 Likes