Do You Change Your Bedsheets?

I was washing my bed sheets this morning when I was reminded of something. My kids do the same thing due to my excellent training but one of them recently said his wife thought it odd.

When you wash your bedding do you put it on the line then, when it is dry, put it straight back on the bed?

The only objection I can think of is having the bed unmade for a couple of hours while the linen dries.

It that what you do or do you change all the bedding for a different set and put the freshly washed stuff in the linen cupboard?

Just curious.

1 Like

It suddenly occurred to me that I didnā€™t mention I use a Doona on the bed (Duvet to you perhaps?) I donā€™t know if that makes a difference but I wash the pillow cases and fitted sheet at the same time obviously.

1 Like

I strip the bed and remake it with fresh linen, Bruce. Canā€™t guarantee that what I took off would be dry enough to go back on at the end of the day - weather here is too unpredictable! Line dried linen smells lovely - all fresh air and sunshine!

1 Like

Two of my best investments:

• A higher end washer dryer - put your clothes in to wash and set drying time all in one go, few hours later itā€™s all washed and dry and lovely and soft :lol: after itā€™s end time it goes into ā€˜Crease Decreaseā€™ mode, which means it keeps spinning the drum every now and again so that even if you forget about it, your clothes wonā€™t crease.
  • Two sets of cotton bed sheets/duvets - that way Iā€™ve always got a spare of my favourites

So generally no, Iā€™ll wash one set and use the other :smiley:

tea toast

When I have finished my home made Cherry Jam Toastā€¦will tell you about my linenā€¦ :innocent:
Those cherries were deliciousā€¦worth every stone removal at makeā€¦ :yum: :yum:

Bed has Sheets 6 Pillow Cases and a Duetā€¦all changed every week sometimes when the weather like now, is fans on at night weather they get changed more oftenā€¦

Hung out to dry, always as have indoor and outdoor drying areas, very usual in France.

Different set put on just when it happens during the day normally. Never Iron and Never use my Tumble Dryerā€¦which is in here somewhereā€¦
thumbnail_loft barn

I do have a linen storeā€¦collector of fabrics of all sortsā€¦Some real lacy ones from Charity Shops, another of my past hobbiesā€¦
Good Morning allā€¦

2 Likes

I have quite a few sets of bed linen, 4 maybe, and rotate their use. I might not get round to washing the set coming off on the same day, because the weather might not be ideal, or I might have clothes on airers drying off, or have plans for other washing to be done (clothes or towels and tea towels). Iā€™ve never put the same bedding back on later that day.

1 Like

Wash our sheets once a week.

2 Likes

You snobā€¦ :innocent:
Higher end indeedā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like

Strip bed fortnightly and put on fresh bedding then wash second set . Love the smell of fresh sheets

1 Like

Fresh straw down once a weekā€¦ā€¦:hugs:

4 Likes

With or without aromatic herbs?

1 Like

I put on fresh ones as I donā€™t know if this is true I love the sheets drying outside donā€™t have a dryer but I imagine they pick up pollen and Mr M is allergic so I think a week in the airing cupboard might kill them off . Donā€™t know if this is true or not !

2 Likes

Morning Di.
That jar of cherry jam seems never ending. Is it bottomless :grinning:

Our bed stuff gets changed once a week by the bed fairies, sometimes the same stuff goes back on once itā€™s been through the machine and dried. :grinning:

2 Likes

Chillie6ā€¦you know when you kept picking your radishesā€¦well it is the same scenario in some strange wayā€¦endless yesā€¦I wish, but many cherry trees bring forward many jars of Jamā€¦Cherry Jam my good friend.
Never eat breakfast in Bed though, crumbs, cannot see how some people see that as a treatā€¦ :thinking:

daily change of linen that would mean as wellā€¦

1 Like

I have 'a thing ā€™ about beddingā€¦ :icon_cool:
I love clean fresh sheetsā€¦
It has to be cotton and white.
The bedding is washed about every 5 days.
I would not use a tumble drier, I like bedding dried in the fresh air,
It is iron them straight from the line, it must be ironed,
I put a lavender bag under the pillow, I have fresh ones at the moment made by my 11 year old grandaughter with lavender from my garden.

4 Likes

My radishes didnā€™t make very good jamšŸ¤£
Jealous of your cherry jam though looks nice.
Yes can see how breakfast in bed would mean regular changes of bed linen. Especially the mess Iā€™d make :grinning:

1 Like

yes Chillie6 :clown_face:

1 Like

I have a thing about bedding.
it must be white and cotton
I wash it every 5 days
It must be dried outside in the fresh air to make it sweet scented
I iron it straight from the line while slightly damp
It must be ironed
I have a lavender bag under the pillow :icon_cool:

1 Like

Washed once a week, strip the bed in the morning, leave it ā€œairingā€, till the afternoon, then make it with different bedding, as I donā€™t have a tumble drier. When it isnā€™t raining the bedding is outside on the rotary line, in winter or wet days, on the retractable lines over the bath.

1 Like

I have heard that this is true @Muddy. I always put a fresh set on when I change the bedding, and then stash the washed set back in the cupboard. If we have dry days during the non-pollen, autumn and winter months, then Iā€™ll sometimes put the same set back on the bed, because I just love the smell of freshly washed, line-dried bedding!

No, I donā€™t have a dryer either. I wonder which machine @Azz has :thinking:. I am in the market for a new washer dryer, and it would certainly be worth spending the extra to get something reliable.

1 Like