Dining out alone

Yeah…I won’t be posting pictures! :wink:

2 Likes

Never ever order long pasta on a first date, especially if it has a tomato-based sauce! :grin:

3 Likes

Sounds like excellent advice Rose!
Yes, it’s the sauce that’s the real culprit :spaghetti::wink:

2 Likes

Never had a problem with Spaghetti I just chop it up with my knife and fork into small pieces and shovel it in with my fork…
:yum:…
Reat tasty…

4 Likes

I like Soave :smiley:

2 Likes

I do too but I usually prefer a red.

2 Likes

I dined out yesterday lunchtime at Maccas, had a flat white coffee and a toasted cheese and ham sandwich. (we were going to a local bakery but it was packed)

I was with my daughter so can’t claim it as alone dining.

McCafes are a vast improvement on that awful American filtered coffee they used to serve before they were Australianised. They realised they were losing customers to coffee bars and adapted.

2 Likes

Think I’ll stick with the Italian wine and risk the long spaghetti!

1 Like

That Bird won’t be alone for long :icon_wink: :+1:

1 Like

Eating has to be fun too, it isn’t just for nourishment. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s why Ronald McDonald is such a happy chappy :grin:

2 Likes

It’s a front

Same goes for the “Smarty People”!

Smart Arses?

Perfect!

Like having a wander, browsing menus in restaurant windows before making a decision on impulse. It doesn’t always have to involve Google/TripAdvisor!
No way am I allowing AI to get involved with my spaghetti! :slightly_smiling_face::spaghetti:

1 Like

image

2 Likes

I was really disappointed the first time I sat down in a restaurant and they didn’t give us a menu.
My daughter showed me how to use the QR code to read it! :frowning_face:
What do you do if you don’t have a smartphone?
Trees won’t be saved this way with less paper, they are still being widely destroyed anyway.

3 Likes

Googled so you don’t have to:
The correct way to eat spaghetti is by using only a fork to twirl a small amount of strands against the inside of your plate, without cutting the pasta or using a spoon (using a spoon to twirl the fork and pasta is considered the inept tourist method). Wrap the strands round and round the fork and avoid dangling strands. So they say.

4 Likes

Yes, true ,but it’s almost impossible not to dangle spaghetti at all. I try never to order spaghetti or other long pasta when eating out, so as to avoid embarrassment and stained clothes.
I prefer short pasta in general anyway.

3 Likes

Yep, using a spoon or cutting is a no no, hence the practice at home! :slightly_smiling_face:
I draw the line at chopsticks…:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes