Cryptic Films

Thanks Devo. Next Clue:

Take a chance in speed measure succeeding.

This a film title which applies to films made from the 1940s to fairly recently. What type of person might succeed?

This film has had at least two very famous directors, one of whom eventually got a Best Director Oscar - the other never did.

I wasn’t expecting this one to last so long - it’s a one word answer for a film based on one of the most renowned pieces of dramatic writing which did take a bit of license with the historical facts.

Macbeth

Correct Devo - over to you…

Believe it or not, I had bet and mach not long after you posted but failed to juggle them the right way.

Another jolly film…

Religious bitch?

Dogma?

That’s the one. A very funny film but probably offensive to some.

Thanks Devo. Interesting you almost got Macbeth straightaway - I can’t figure how long they’re going to last. My clue for Papillon lasted 2 minutes and a similar clue for Macbeth lasted a day and a half. I hope this one won’t take that long…

You might see this if they ever reshoot The Ten Commandments in Aberdeen or Chester.

Aberdeen and Chester have something in common. What’s the best known scene in the 1956 version of The Ten Commandments?

Something to do with River Dee…

The Departed

Well done Devo :-D, with a little help from Arena. Over to you…

This film was a flop in the cinema but I liked it. I have taken a liberty or two…

From where I first heard my girl.

The Postman?

Far from the madding crowd

Neither of those.
My slight liberty is not capitalising two letters. This film is a mid to late film by an auteur who usually does his own music as well as directing.

Christine

hope its not simply

My Girl