Cryptic Films

I’ll make it a bit simpler…

I think I’ll __ __ and go straight to the main course.

Duck Soup.

I’m going to be out all day so Arena, Cherie, Dex, Feey, LT - anybody fancy a go?

Hope you have a good day, Amac. Although I view this thread regularly, I rarely manage to work out the answers so I am going to take advantage of your offer …

The cost of pasties in the West Indies

Pie rates of the Caribbean

First place at University lessons

Peace and quiet as the grandkids do their homework…

If Arena has his crossword compiler hat on this might be the Simon Pegg film:

Paul

Since Arena’s not been back on I’ll take the chance my answer’s right and post another one:

Footballers opt for temporary tattoos of their loved ones.

The minimal knowledge of footballers required for this clue would be in the gossip columns rather than the back pages…

This film gave rise to an unexpected and unlikely UK no. 1 hit, round about the time the Beatles were splitting up…

Its two main male characters both sang although neither of them were really singers…

Out for the day and don’t want to hold the thread up so this one was:

Paint your WAG on.

Opportunity for somebody else to post…

Had gin cocktail

Paint your WAG on. - ocht!!!

I didn’t think it was bad enough for an ocht with that number of exclamation marks LT;-):smiley:

P.S. I you want a turn I think Arena’s clue might be Ghandi…

Amac, I wasn’t criticising the clue - I was expressing my frustration at not thinking of the answer lol. It’s just of those occasions when you see the answer and wonder why you never thought of that, lol.

Will now put my thinking cap on.

I only found out this morning what WAG meant, good clue Amac.

And hi there LT, I loved your "Pie-Rates of The Caribbean, it really gave me a chuckle.
I’m trying to work out Arena’s clue, I like the clues but I can never understand the answers!!

Cherie, it’s probably good you’ve never heard of a WAG. I used to work with one but she took the stick she used to get with good humour. Arena tends to use crossword type clues of different types. I think “Had gin cocktail” means an anagram of “had gin“ hence Gandhi. When I have my next turn I think it’s one you might get…

Sorry Cherie but as a professional cryptic crossword compiler my clues may be baffling.

e.g. I thought the Ghandi one was too easy.

Grandpa and his mates don’t like Dolly Parton.

Arena, I think that would be “No country for old men”. Not a hint of a crossword there! By the way I see you copied my original mispelling of Gandhi…

Next one:

Did his advice notes give the thumbs up to the chocolate bar?