Cryptic Films

That’s it Amac :slight_smile:

Pure fluke I got that one Arena. Thought it might have been one word with “it” in it but wasn’t thinking of gravy as the sauce…

Next one:

Three urgent summonses to visit the sun god?

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Well done Devo, you’ve got it again :023:

It’s all yours…

That took me back a bit!
A crosswordy one…

ZA

Or possibly, to make it slightly fairer,

Z
A

Split Ends?

Alpha and Omega

Neither of those.
This is an early film of a celebrated film-making team and an also an early film of the scion of a well known Hollywood family. He is one of the more batshitcrazy film stars, I know this because he occasionally visits a shop I sometimes work in (which shall remain nameless) and I had the pleasure (?) of serving him once.

I think we might need to subpoena the CCTV from your shop to solve this one…

The Oscar winning wife of one of the film-makers often appears in their films and she does appear in this one.

Raising Arizona?

Correct! The Coen Brothers’ second film, Nic Cage’s ninth, I think, and Frances McDormand is in it.

Not being picky here Devo but how does Z above A stand for Raising Arizona? I can understand how R above A could stand for Arizona (R is on A) but I can’t figure out the rest. Anyway I’ll post a new clue shortly…

The official abbreviation for Arizona is AZ, raise that crossword fashion and you get Z above A.

OK, thanks. My mate who spends half his life in Scottsdale could have told me that…

Next clue:

Did he leave the car in Eco mode after I handed him my keys?

How Green Was My Valley?

Well done Devo :023:

Back to you…

I think I’ll go straight to the main course.