Covid, have you had it yet?

Complacency is the issue I think. Just because the vaccines help make Covid less severe, it doesn’t actually get rid of it, sadly.

1 Like

Some “experts” point out that people don’t wear masks in the places where they would make the most difference - at home, with family and friends, in close, prolonged proximity with a static airflow … :open_mouth:

1 Like

That doesn’t surprise me it’s these darn pampers.
Not only are they are disaster for the environment they are altogether too comfy for the kids and parents .
Now a soggy terry nappy is not very comfortable and mothers are to busy / lazy to train their children to wear little pants .
All my children were dry at 18 months . I got them in little pants asap because they are easer for them to pull down in the loo . They feel wet too if there are accidents so the child knows what has happened .
If hes always sat in a comfy pamper he may never become toilet trained .

1 Like

Wearing a mask doesn’t protect the person who wears it unless you wear a shield because droplets can get under the mask by the nose or into the eyes,so the other person close to you or me have to wear a mask to be evective.

Unless you know how to do it properly then it might not be very good result.

1 Like

Sorry don t buy it .
Wearing a mask must be safer than no mask .
It definitely lowers the odds against getting infected with covid or any other nasty
Millions of Japanese can’t be wrong .

4 Likes

Yes it is a bit better if you wear one but it’s not 100%.

1 Like

Nothing is 100%
But any mask is better than no mask at all .

2 Likes

No, but who knows after todays Lego fair, lots of people & only a handful wearing masks & no social distancing at all, now it isn’t mandatory.
We did have a brilliant day though.

Hey, so what do you guys think about it all … the prevalence and severity of this virus?

There’s a popular theory going around saying we all need to catch it, but best done after a couple of jabs. AFAIK the government are keeping mum on this, now allowing us the freedom to ‘get’ it.

The official number of cases is on the rise, and the official number is what? half the actual number? The death rate is now negligible.

negligible
/ˈnɛɡlɪdʒɪb(ə)l/

so small or unimportant as to be not worth considering; insignificant.

Currently, officially, 100 people a day (3,000 a month) are dying from COVID - I’m not sure that their families and friends would consider those deaths “negligible” … :thinking:

3 Likes

There are 2000 babies born each day. Life goes on.

1 Like

How many people would have died if covid wasn’t around Omah?
Probably the same amount.

Can we see the data and analysis backing up that opinion, please, Foxy?

I want it on my desk by lunch time today. :face_with_monocle:

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not if you are on the other end of the spectrum.

1 Like

I don’t think about it, except when I am reminded by a thread such as this one. :thinking:

Sorry Harbal, I’m going for a shower, then breakfast, then weeding the borders…Ta Taaaaa…

No need for sorrow, Foxy, there are much worse things you could be doing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

From what I read they all have underlying health issues.

COVID can’t be blamed for that.