Covid, have you had it yet?

My daughter who is a primary school teacher in Brighton has now got Covid and so has her boyfriend.
Lots of children and the other teachers have got it too.

She’s planning on coming home next weekend for Mother’s Day. I hope she has recovered by then as it’s a family gathering that we are all looking forward to.
Bloomin Covid… why doesn’t it just clear off!

2 Likes

Putin and Covid are both 5 letter words with the letter i in them. Coincidence? I think not!!

2 Likes

Oh! For a moment… l thought you were going to make an anagram out of the two words!!

1 Like

o v punditic.

1 Like

VIP Conduit … :thinking:

2 Likes

My views on Covid aren’t as positive as some. I merely don’t think I’ve had it, and I don’t think I want it.

3 Likes

v punc idiot

We’ve all been triple vaccinated and haven’t had it and no symptoms when had the jabs in arms.
Hubby and my friend could have had it when Covid had started to spread from China. Hubby had a really bad cold but it always goes to his chest and my friend had a very bad chest infection, but I didn’t get it but I hardly get any colds.
We’re still very careful going out and wear masks. I had to go to the opticians and still have to wear one and at the dentist.

1 Like

I am still wearing masks .
As for hand washing etc I have always been particular about hand washing so it’s no big deal .
Maybe covid has made people more conscious of healthy habits that are really only common sense .
My friend who believes it’s all a conspiracy theory has been unwell with a bad cold the only person I have heard of getting a cold for ages .

1 Like

So far all my family have not had covid. We are all fully vaccinated except my son who chose not to.

We wore masks all the time we had to but as soon as it was announced it wasn’t mandatory we stopped wearing them. My neighbour and her partner currently have it and they have been fanatical about wearing masks all the time.

We get plenty of fresh air, hand washing has always been the norm in our house anyway and we eat well. Not much more we can do.

I see that covid rates in Scotland have risen considerably …… how can that be when they are all still having to wear masks?

My younger sister has it at the moment. Her husband and daughter caught it before Christmas, and her son had it 6 weeks ago. It is strange that she didn’t catch it from them but has it now.

Muddy, Would you know if your friend has been tested for Covid?

When my daughter rang me in the week, she just sounded like she had a cold. She had done the Covid home tests and they were showing ‘Negative’.
She and her partner thought they should really go for a ‘proper’ Covid test and they both came back, Positive.
It does make you wonder how reliable the home tests are?

2 Likes

I haven’t asked her I just hope she doesn’t get it as she has various health issues all serious which makes her vulnerable ., she does test generally as she has to go to the hospital quite a lot and has to test before appointments.

2 Likes

Hardly anyone is wearing masks though FP. It might be law, but it isn’t enforced by anyone, and the hand sanitisers in the popular shops have been dry for a long time. I think everyone has become a bit lazy now…relying on the vaccine. I’m still wearing a mask and sanitising my hands though, its a habit so its not a bother.

1 Like

Same here Pixie.

1 Like

Not what my many Scottish relatives tell me! Nicola Sturgeon is still insisting people wear masks too.

Do people really need to be nannied all the time? Why don’t they carry a small tube of hand sanitiser or wipes? Covid or not, I have always got some on me because I think they are more hygienic than dirty public toilets and slimy soap.

1 Like

I suppose it does depend on the area…it was a general comment based on where I have been and observed. I think people need to…not be nannied so much, but much of the population are just so sick of the restrictions that when they are “advised” or its “suggested” they do something, they interpret it to their own ends. I do think more needs to be done - especially in Scotland where the new variant is rapidly rising again.

1 Like

What more can be done then?

If people can’t understand, covid or not, that there is such a thing as personal hygiene then what hope is there?

The media was reporting a couple of years ago that school children were not being taught basic stuff by their parents like being able to blow their noses properly and some were arriving at school still in nappies.

2 Likes

Hard pressed to see anyone wearing a mask here. Everyone seems to think covid has gone away but clearly not as the figures are rising again.

Just hope another deadly variant doesn’t come along. Omicron seems quite mild . Seems so many people have got complacent.

I was stood in a post office queue and I must have stuck out like a sore thumb as I was tge only one with a face covering apart from a burka clad person

2 Likes

Years ago I helped out at small local parenting group for a few months with, where the parents were shown things like this, as well as how to talk to your child, help with homework, not be so reactive when your child does something wrong. Many parents saw it as a social thing/baby sitting group and fell away from it when it wasn’t found to be like that at all. I don’t know what the answer is. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like