Covid, have you had it yet?

Perhaps lockdown can Omah…
:sunglasses:

It was not the amount that I queried, it was the denotation.

1 Like

The UK’s birth rate has hit a record low. Can it bounce back?

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/society-and-culture/the-uks-birth-rate-has-hit-a-record-low-can-it-bounce-back

What do you read?

1 Like

What number of daily deaths due to Covid would be deemed as non-negligible?

And are deaths by any cause considered 'non-negligible?

2 Likes

National news and local news. Last week 9 people died in our large regional hospital who had covid. They all tested positive for covid while they were in hospital and they all had underlying health conditions.

So they were not admitted with covid but with other health conditions then tested positive while they were in there.

1 Like

or worse still caught it while they were there.

I know this is the Sun, and therefore debatable…but…

• Professor Carl Heneghan, from Oxford University’s Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, said: “We still have no idea how many people died with or from Covid.

Some of those counted as a Covid fatality may never have had the virus"

2 Likes

Once the word “may” has been stated, then you may as well ignore the whole thing, maybe lol ol.

1 Like

So that’s “all” … :017:

IMO, that’s conjecture … :man_shrugging:

OTOH, some of those counted as death from other causes may have had the virus.

1 Like

As a reminder, one method of calculation highlighted two significant peaks:

Another way of looking at the figures:

Whatever methodology is used, the figures will show that, during the COVID pandemic, thousands more people in the UK died than would have died without a pandemic.

1 Like

We’ve had all our jabs. I didn’t think much about it until I had a tearful phone call from my SIL in November. I knew his health had not been good for a long time but was upset to hear he’d died from Covid. He was 74. They live in a high Covid area and the rest of the family had it. Fortunately they all recovered. Sadly due to the distance, my health at the time and as I am classed as vulnerable I couldn’t go to the funeral.

Fortunately I don’t know anyone else who succumbed

@d00d , “is infecting others a bad thing”
I think no dOOdy ?
But then what is the point in the vaccine for all ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Mr M and I have stayed clear of Covid, thank goodness.

Our Grandson caught it last July and shut himself away in his bedroom for a couple of weeks as our Daughter is classed as vulnerable.

Our Son-in-Law caught it at the beginning of October and our Daughter also caught it two days later, SIL is now clear but Daughter is still positive.

We have orders to stay well clear of them for the time being.

We are fully vaccinated thank goodness.

1 Like

No,I haven’t had it…some of My Family have had a mild doze,others like Me haven’t had it at all…We’ve ALL been vaccinated.

I had it about 2 months ago felt rough for about 4 days, one of those day i could not swallow for the pain in my throat so I did not eat or drank anything on that day.

Had my 5 jab 2 days ago.

We have not caught it ( yet )
My ex husband and his partner both died .
My neighbour ( aged 45 ) died
I know three other people who have died .
Those who make little of covid are wrong it kills .

4 Likes

I’ve not had covid .
Although I have been extremely careful still carrying out hands face , space & continuing to clean anything I buy with anti-bacterial wipes .
My sister is recovering from covid .
Sadly my aunt caught and died from covid .
It’s a terrible virus.

1 Like