COVID-19 - UK: ONS Reports - 31 January 2023 - 1m Positive

Oh I’ve heard worse than that on here Omah.
But you are a cutie.

You could settle the argument Omah by simply suppling the data that puts the UK 10th.

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold your breath, Scot, Omah is well known for swerving.

1 Like

Only when Annie supplies a source for her original, unsupported, statement.

Oh, dear, personal attacks … :roll_eyes:

I think this is probably worth a small amount of panicking over however, I suggest those of us that had our flu jabs will probably be OK:

Latest data provided on 31 December 2021

Daily

Last 7 days

Out of Control … :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

This thread is for the UK, mate … :wink:

Bruce’s thread deals with the world situation … :world_map:

I realise that but how long will it be before FLURONA hits our shores?

BTW, we’re still waiting for your source data.

1 Like

Well, until it does, why not start a new topic.

BTW, I’m still waiting for AnnieS’ source data.

Latest data provided on 30 December 2021

Daily 189,213

Latest data provided on 31 December 2021

Daily 189,846

I wonder if those unusually similar figures are just a coincidence … or a mistake … :017:

You categorically said in post circa 349 that my figures were wrong. I am waiting for your data proving why I got it wrong.

Which post?

This thread is unbelievable…. “I won’t answer your question unless you answer mine” :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Well, if FMs supplied a link or a source when first asserting facts then that situation wouldn’t arise … :wink:

Isn’t it just …
No he isn’t … yes he is … Look behind you Omah!

It’s pantomime time.

1 Like

Not for much longer … most finish on Sunday.

I’ve given up Mags. Life is too short :smiley: time for …:champagne: :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK: 31 December 2021

Main points

To provide estimates of coronavirus (COVID-19) positivity over the Christmas period, we have published headline results in a shortened version of our usual release.

Today, we have published new data that show in the week ending 23 December 2021:

• In England, the percentage of people testing positive continued to increase; we estimate that 2,024,700 people in England had coronavirus (COVID-19) (95% credible interval: 1,951,200 to 2,096,300), equating to around 1 in 25 people.
  • In Wales, the percentage of people testing positive continued to increase; we estimate that 76,500 people in Wales had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 65,100 to 89,200), equating to around 1 in 40 people.
  • In Northern Ireland, the percentage of people testing positive increased; we estimate that 47,500 people in Northern Ireland had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 37,800 to 58,600), equating to around 1 in 40 people.
  • In Scotland, the percentage of people testing positive continued to increase; we estimate that 135,400 people in Scotland had COVID-19 (95% credible interval: 117,400 to 154,800), equating to around 1 in 40 people.
  • In England, COVID-19 infections increased across all age groups and were highest among those aged two years to school Year 6 and those aged 25 to 34 years; the high infections for those aged two years to school Year 6 are more likely to be compatible with the Delta variant, whereas the high infections for those aged 25 to 34 years are more likely to be compatible with the Omicron variant, as shown by separate analysis.

Those statistics are staggering, particularly for England. 1 person in 25 had the virus a week ago. I wonder what the numbers are now, when over a 1,000,000 people in the UK have been tested positive in the last 7 days … :exclamation:

1 January 2022

DATA ISSUE

Cases and deaths data are only included for England.

Data for Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland will be updated after the holidays.