COVID-19: 40% of Omicron hospitalisations in London are unvaccinated adults

If you test positive on the LF test then you have the other test to confirm it.
Someone up the road did that, he just happened to go on a bus one weekend then he caught it. He felt really bad worse than flu, he couldn’t do things for a long time.

1 Like

Well he’s not dead is he ?
Lots of people of his age and gender have died unvaccinated .
Isn’t that proof enough ?

1 Like

What is the science behind this idea?

I agree

I didn’t really understand what Johnson was saying when he said 90% of people with Covid in ICU weren’t “boosted”

Did he mean they’d had their two jabs but not their booster? That means the protection from the first two jabs is fading

Or did he mean 90% hadn’t had any vaccinations?

1 Like

I think, as usual, he’s “manipulating” the truth:

Speaking to broadcasters, the prime minister said there are 2.4 million eligible double-jabbed people yet to take up the offer of a booster and that “the overwhelming majority” of those in a serious condition in hospital with COVID fall into this category.

“I’m sorry to say this but the overwhelming majority of people who are currently ending up in intensive care in our hospitals are people who are not boosted,” the PM said. "I’ve talked to doctors who say the numbers are running up to 90% of people in intensive care, who are not boosted. If you’re not vaccinated, you’re eight times more likely to get into hospital altogether. So it’s a great thing to do. It’s very, very important. Get boosted for yourself, and enjoy New Year sensibly and cautiously."

I’ll bet BJ can’t remember the name or face of one doctor that he, allegedly, spoke to, who said “the numbers are running up to 90% of people in intensive care, who are not boosted” … :roll_eyes:

I bet of those “up to 90%” of people there are only a few cases that are in intensive care because of covid-19. I bet they are in intensive care due to other problems such as drug overdoes, cancer, attempted suicide, traffic accidents etc, not covid.

more lies, more spin, more deceit.

1 Like

and the first vaccinations don’t work anymore

1 Like

The 90% assertion is interesting because this undated article refers to data for Jul to Sep referencing Barts Hospital :

The same is reported in December (again referencing Barts) but it states “unvaccinated” rather than “unboosted”. So it’s not clear where the boosted comment originates. Other than the fact that the unvaccinated will also be unboosted.

1 Like

Unvaccinated can mean you have had 2 jabs but not the booster.

So, the “90%” figure is out there - are those reports (or similar) BJ’s alleged “doctors” … :wink:

The rate of up take varies in different areas.

My daughter area in a small area of Islington is much lower than my area.

UK Summary | Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK (data.gov.uk)

Thank you for the links.

It does sound to me as if the 90% figure might refer to the reports which said 90% weren’t fully vaccinated, which might mean they’d had no vaccinations, or just one, or two but no booster.

And that Johnson got confused.

These are serious times and he really should be accurate

2 Likes

The inventor (one of them) of mRNA vaccines just got banned from Twitter.

Hmmm … interesting

1 Like

He’s being deceived like he has done throughout the pandemic. He has been made a prime candidate for it due to him nearly losing his life over Covid.

BJ doesn’t know the meaning of accurate … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Neither do you

Boris is now using the term “not boosted” instead of “unvaccinated”

So… more vaccinated people are in hospital than those that are not “vaccinated and boosted”…

The first and second vaccines don’t work.

Is this ever going to make sense ?

1 Like

Well, not to me, it isn’t

Does that mean the first and second vaccines don’t work

Or that they did work but have now stopped working?

Or that they only work now if you have a booster as well?

It means the vaccines worked initially and offered some protection … usually up in the 80 or 90% region but never the desired and hoped for 100%.
Their efficacy has waned and reduced… I think at first they hoped for an annual vaccination and they soon had to abandon that hope … so along came the booster to ‘top up’ people’s immunity.
Which stands at around 70% for two vaccines + 1 booster
Except now research shows that after 10 weeks that too fades.

This is why they’ve always said it was a race between the administration of vaccines and the virus.
And why they get concerned about new mutant strains … as the vaccines were not tailored for them.

1 Like