COVID-19: 40% of Omicron hospitalisations in London are unvaccinated adults

There have now been 668 hospital admissions among patients in England who have either swabbed positive for Omicron or are heavily suspected of having it.

Twenty-six per cent were unvaccinated, according to the agency’s nationwide analysis. But the UKHSA revealed the figure was as high as 40 per cent in Omicron-hotspot London, which it had the most ‘robust’ data for. It said the findings ‘reflect the importance of vaccine uptake’.

The unvaccinated are becoming a drain on society’s nursing resources … :exclamation:

1 Like

I read somewhere that they were now classing the “unvaccinated” as the ones who hadn’t had the booster jab, only the two regular ones. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

There may be some uncertainty about the figure but, IMO, future confirmed figures will be worse as Omicron-VOC spreads throughout the UK.

1 Like

That doesn’t surprise me at all. There are a lot of totally unvaccinated people out there & as long as they refuse the vaccines & others don’t get the booster, then this horrible virus will never go. I mean this for the whole World, not just Britain.

the thread should really have a “London” tag.

I thought it had spread throughout the UK? It seems that the data is incomplete for the last few days and given the virulence of this strain it’s everywhere by now. 2-3 days incubation vs the 5 days of the other strains.

If you look closely, you’ll notice that the newspaper headline does not contain the word “London”.

I would have liked to include “London” as a tag (for clarity) but 4 is the limit, so I included “London” as a “noticeable” addition in the title.

the headline doesn’t but the 40% is an estimated finger in the wind quote related to London only. Therefore your headline is ref London and there should be London tag.

There is no “should” about tags.

https://forum.over50schat.com/tags

If there was, “as-i-am-a-stoat” wouldn’t exist.

Perhaps there isn’t, but this thread should have a London tag nonetheless as the whole DM article is highly misleading. A great deal of sloppy journalism on Omicron thus far.

? this is a mystery

1 Like

Should “sloppy journalism” be a tag?

perhaps it should -if you agree that is.

There is no “should” … :man_shrugging:

Ok then your thread is misleading. Your choice.

I don’t think it is.

there is no “I” in team :kissing_heart:

There is no team.

Correct. IMO