Corrie

Yes, but we haven’t gone through the drawn out trauma of a very public sex allegation trial have we? Not surprising it’s taken its toll on him.

You beat me to it, eccles. I agree wholeheartedly.

Watching tonight’s episode, Steve once again referred to ‘Fat Brenda’ at the cab office switchboard.
Has anybody ever seen her?

true, it was said he looked frail but I wouldn’t agree, he’s put on weight and looks pregnant, still has lots of hair and a temper thank God as he needs it with dreary Deirdre with that terrible blubbering which is so embarrassing and irritating too

No, never seen her Carol. Doubt if anyone has.

Thought he had lost weight, and all things considered didn’t lok too bad.

Please don’t let Deidre cry any more, it sounded awful.:shock:

I wondered who fat brenda is supposed to be, as we have never seen her.

Seems to be lots of characters to dislike at the moment, don’t know why I still watch it. If I’m out I never bother watching a catch up.

I think Lloyd made the right call, he knows which side his bread is buttered, it was good to see “The Landlord” :lol:, why can’t the producers just make things simple, and find some CCTV footage of Rob doing the dirty deed, no point in dragging it out too long.:lol:

As I said before, Roy witnessed Rob and Tina arguing, but that seems to have been forgotten.

For a small backstreet firm, Street Cars has a lot of cabs, a lot of drivers and too many staff on the switch.

Oh, as for the dramatics of seeing Jim’s back to us…I’m shouting out, too late, we already know who it is!! :lol:

I don’t know how he finds the time to man the switchboard,drive a taxi, sink a few pints, get jiggy jiggy with a girl AND do all of those voice overs for tv adverts!:slight_smile:

It really irritates me when “The Landlord” keeps saying “so he did/so he has/so you will/” after everything he says, the Irish people I know don’t talk like that - so they don’t!
Mind you, everything about Jim MacDonald irritates me anyway. :twisted: It’ll be interesting to see how he reacts when he sees his Elizabeth with her new fancy man.

I’m very annoyed that he’s been brought back in. Did we need him back? Did we miss him?

Nope and nope to both questions.

Yep, that’s exactly how the folk of Northern Ireland do speak. Having lived there (in Londonderry) for two years, I can confirm that Jim speaks with a Belfast accent and that’s exactly how they speak, so they do. :wink:

Do you ever wonder what happens to ex Corrie stars?
I’ve just found out about one. Remember mouthy Janice Battersby? (Vicky Entwistle) I’ve just booked to take my girls to the panto in December & guess who’s the star?

I suppose it must pay reasonably well…:smiley:

Really Molly? I didn’t know that. I’m sure it would send me bonkers listening to that everyday, so you’ve put me right off visiting there. :lol:

Someone I know keeps saying “I turned around and …” which is just as annoying. I guess every part of the country has its weird speech patterns.

“Oh no it Doesn’t”…:lol:

“Oh yes it does” …:smiley:

Lying in bed the other day thinking of Corrie, as you do, and it got me wondering…whatever happened to Schmeichel, the dog. Did he die? Or did he just go off to fetch a bone and never came back?

Sometimes Daisy, and Tootsie, in Emmerdale are not seen for weeks on end.

Hi Janet,

Schmeichel died in Corrie with Chesnaye and the rest of the family cuddling him, I can’t remember what was wrong with him now.