Conformity and Andrew Lloyd Webber

After much thought, umming and arrring whethervto get the jab i decided to take the risk. I have had pneumonia 3vyears ago and I believe covid is very similar to pneumonia, the lungs drowning. I will never forget how I was close to death and how frightened I was because I couldn’t breathe , it took me 3 lots of antibiotics and two lots of powerful steroid to get through it and I was ill for 6 months and more before I recovered. No thank you, I dontbwant to go through anything like that again.

So I opted to take the risk, after all I take a risk every day I jump in my car and go on the lethal road. Life is full of risks and like mart I don’t mind being used as a guinea pig. It coukd mean that millions of people might not die in the future with me being part of the experiment so I decided to take the chance for those reasons.

Personally I wish everyone would take the jab but I wouldnt dream of saying they are wrong fir not doing kinda like I wouldnt try to sway someone’s mind against what they believe in . Its up to us to make our own minds up , as I see it we aren’t far off losing our minds as more and more each day we are being brainwashed to conform to what some people deem is right and we haven’t to do what they say is wrong even if our own minds tell us its wrong.

Saying all that, my reasons for taking the jabnis nothingbto do with conformity or media brainwashing, just simply I don’t ever want to gobthrough a type of pneumonia ever again.

27 October 2020

More than 6,000 Covid-19 deaths in the UK could be linked to long-term exposure to air pollution, a study suggests.

"However, as an example, in the UK there have been over 44,000 coronavirus deaths and we estimate that the fraction attributable to air pollution is 14%, meaning that more than 6,100 deaths could be attributed to air pollution."         

Would vaccination have made a difference to these lost souls.

The concern of being infected and unaware, not something I could deal with.

I’ve not heard any sensible reasons for not taking up the offer of the vaccination unless health reasons/severe allergy.
I understand a vaccine may soon be available even for those with allergies. I’d rather have 97% protection against the virus than continue on living a half life. I agree in away with Lloyd Webber .

Third jab for a booster to be trialled in the Autumn in the UK. Its so they can see its effectiveness against variants of the virus. Participants are being asked to keep a diary of any side effects. (What about the Yellow Card scheme…why not use that? Far more effective I would have thought)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57174733

March 27, 2021

A joint jab for Covid-19 and flu could be ready for use by the end of next year, according to one of Britain’s leading vaccine developers.

Y’all let me know if anyone you know gets the vaccine because of Andrew Lloyd Webber. :lol:

I was pressing my nose against the pharmacy window to get vaccine 1 and 2 because of the science (and my family).

I’ve spent a greater part of my adult life running mind numbing distances. It hasn’t been easy to turn out whatever the weather to maintain my fitness and continue to run excessive distances when every fibre of your body tells you to stop. Even now as a seventy year old I am still fit enough to run long distance, I have seen many friends incapacitated from taking statins, medication that I was recommended to take by the medical profession. I can almost guarantee that had I taken statins I would no longer be able to do the things I can still do now.

I don’t consider myself lucky, it was achieved from hard work and a knowledge of the nourishment and exercise needed to perform at the top of my game. I am not prepared to interfere with the natural built in systems that have kept me safe and in good health all those years just because I want to be one of the happy vaccinated sheeple and carry my certificate with pride. My health has been too hard fought for to risk chucking it away by agreeing to some social experiment.

If you are so reckless with you health as to risk taking a cocktail of untested chemicals you obviously don’t consider your fitness, mobility and health as important as I do…The ultimate decision lies with you and you alone…

I am 83 and still fairly active. I regularly go walking and have an exercise bike in the garage. I have been on statins for almost 30 years with no apparent side effects. My brother died at 63 and my father at 71 both from massive heart attacks. I am convinced that statins have given me a few more years to enjoy life.

Are you saying I’m making it up Scot?

No I never said that. I was just giving my experience of statins.

We have Katie Hopkins. :slight_smile:

Mart makes a very good point though OGF. After all when vaccination programmes started in nineteen-canteen I very much doubt we had all these testing trials of several years etc. On the one hand some here complain about the plethora of health and safety rules we face in day to day life but on the other the same folk say no to the vaccine.

In terms of trials I would say that there is a fine line between what is necessary and what is necessary to line the pockets of those running trials. They have proved that they can do trials in a more efficient way. perhaps there is a sensitivity test of where to draw the line in timing, but you have to take into account that we have never had any vaccination programme on this scale. Some are suffering side effects (hands up here), but the % of severe side effects/deaths is tiny giving the cohort vaccinated. It seems to be saving lives in the UK. So isn’t it worth the risk? Life is a risk in itself after all.

:075::075::075::075:

Sheeple!! :mad2:

Comparing the older type vaccines to the latest crop is like comparing drinking beer and drinking spirits. You are assuming that because you didn’t get drunk from drinking a pint of beer, neither will you get drunk from drinking a pint of Vodka Annie.

The vaccines have not been used for long enough to assess whether there are going to be side effects or not. I’m not talking about the sore arm or the flu like symptoms experienced by the few, or even the suspected blood clotting. I’m talking about something much more serious that could present itself in two or three years time after having several jabs which looks like being the norm.

And how many lives the vaccines have saved or not saved can only be established several months after the effects of lockdown, mask wearing and social distancing have worn off and we are once again in the grip of a new attack.

Well not you obviously Lion Queen…:blush:

OGF the first people taking antibiotics or the polio vaccine were like those venturing into the Wild West. In the last 100 years our lives and lifespans have been totally revolutionised by modern medicine. We now take heart transplants and chemotherapy for granted. I remember the news broadcasting the birth of the first “test tube baby”. Where would we be if we never took a chance?

We are only here once Annie, if you want to play Russian Roulette with your body, go ahead. I intend to squeeze the last drop of life out of mine, if a heart attack doesn’t get me, that mountain will…:cool:

I understand you’ve had surgery OGF. That would be far more scary to me than having a vaccine. How did you find the courage to put your life in another’s hands, someone that could at the slip of a hand make things much worse?

For a start you’re wrong the jab has been tested more than any other drug, it’s involved coalition of countries throughout the world iin the testing.
You don’t know me I’m very fit for my age and swim most days no way would I be reckless with my health I wouldn’t risk my health to the virus as younger people, fitter people , fitter than anyone here on this site have succumbed to the virus …
So you don’t eat ? cooked food is a result of a chemical reaction it’s a cocktail incidentally I am a vegetarian and much of my food raw. You’ve more chance of a severe allergic reaction or death from taking a aspirin or paracetamol! than the jab that has been rigorously tested . I hope you never need pain relief . Sorry no I don’t agree with your comments because at 70 yrs and unprotected from the virus your chances of out running the virus are limited.
I trust the NHS advice & my doctor long before I’d trust those with little knowledge.