Climate Change is Caused By Humans, Says UN

It seems to be a growing and very remunerative industry! I imagine that more universities will indulge in ‘climate change’ courses as they are more likely than some other courses to result in assured employment for their participants.

An interesting article was just sent to me by my friend overseas. Quite an eye opener

UN Climate Panel Contends with Models Showing Implausably Fast Warming…

https://e360.yale.edu/digest/un-climate-panel-contends-with-models-showing-implausibly-fast-warming

You can guarantee the most easily influenced will be subjected to climate change conditioning as part of their indoctrination into marxism,

And, here is an explanation everyone should watch. The late, great George Carlin on Climate Change.

Oh how I miss George Carlin

1 Like

The UN is telling us the truth, we are almost at the point of no return. Do the fools who deny it, want the human race to end?
Because it will.
We are destroying our children’s future.
Talk about fiddling whilst Rome burns!

The UN is telling you either what they want you to hear or what they think is true (or both), but as I said earlier: nobody - nobody - can say for certain either the cause or what will happen in the future.

That’s not denial.
It is reality.

FWIW this planet has gone through climate changes quite a few times in it’s history … before us Humans even existed.

Makes some valid points.

1 Like

Spot on Cinderella.

I just looked up the definition of climate change.

“a change in global or regional climate patterns, in particular a change apparent from the mid to late 20th century onwards and attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels”

But aeroplanes and cars and factories and power stations etc are all producing less CO2 than before … how can this be ?

Its the cows and methane don’t you know.

Ha ha …

I bet extinction rebellion don’t 'arf fart after all that vegan pea and onion soup

1 Like

I agree with you Zaph.

But I promise I’ll start to mend my ways when our great leaders demonstrate that they are on board.

(and I don’t mean just talking about it & making false promises)

I’m afraid I believe the UN implicitly on this. I fear for those coming behind me. We are killing our earth and are almost at the point of no return. We the British must set an example. The gas-guzzlers, the private jets, the super-yachts must be the first to go.
It is no use sticking our head in the sand thereby letting the destruction of our gtandchildrens world continue.

1 Like

The UN is very quiet on this

I have said this many times before, here and elsewhere, but why are we in the UK thought to be responsible for the world’s ‘global warming’?
We are being asked to stop driving our petrol and diesel fuelled cars and buy electric cars, despite the many disadvantages of them. We are being told by our government that our efficient gas central heating boilers must be scrapped within a few years and be replaced by far more expensive electricity powered boilers. Our leaders seem to be convinced that a few more wind turbines will create all of the additional electricity necessary to power these pipe dreams!

At the same time, China especially along with India and the US are expanding their coal fired power stations. Even Germany still mines and burns coal, but of course we may not do that.

Does Greta Thunderbum (or whatever her name is) and other ‘experts’ really believe that little Britain making all of these cuts and reductions, to our own financial disadvantage, is going to put the entire world to rights? And coincidentally, the same experts are completely ignoring the natural effects, such as volcanoes for example, which are daily spewing into the atmosphere all that we are aiming to reduce from our cars, etc.

It’s really quite amusing in a way, though I admit to finding it difficult to laugh about.

It’s not going to make good reading for those thinking that we can change the world, but I generally agree with @JBR .

There is if we are honest absolutely no point whatsoever in us British, even with the others that might care enough to actually do something, devoting huge resources to reduce our carbon footprint or whatever way you prefer to put it when the big polluters are not prepared to do the same.
I’m sorry to be crude here, but “p1ssing into the wind” is a very appropriate analogy of the affect that having just a few countries making changes would have on our climate.

That is of course if we as a whole planet could alter what lays ahead anyway, because nobody really knows for sure.
Was it always going to happen any way?
Have we really made things worse?
Are we doomed?
It’s all just speculation.

Why not go all sci-fi and prepare for lives off-Earth or somehow otherwise plan to adapt instead, and at least that way we as a race would have some real and hopefully feasible options?
It’s no crazier a proposal than what we’re doing.
Or not doing as the case may be.

Ya coulda fooled me for sure I always thought it was caused by science??

So there’s reports of a record Temp in Scicily since records began, how did humans cause this plume of heat out of the Sahara to emerge.

1 Like

No question, in my mind, as I’m sure the Gov are looking at the huge income, for business, if everyone is going to have to buy an expensive electric car, plus a 10,000 pound hydrogen heating boiler, within the next 10 years.

The alternative, for the “man in the street” is not to drive, any more and to keep the heating at 60 degrees (F).

They’re going to have to stop having elections if they expect us to tolerate this!

The UN has gone to a lot of trouble and expense, many scientists have studied global warming. The evidence is there.
But go on doing as we are doing now and it will be self-destruction by and of the human race.