Climate Change is Caused By Humans, Says UN

Are you usually this irrational, caricature, or are you making a special effort just for this thread?

Why are they lying; what are they trying to achieve by it? :017:

@Harbal , nope just realistic, sure there’s climate change, because no on understands it, lets blame humans, tell me how the Sahara turned from green and pleasant to what it is now if not by naturally occurrance .

IIRC I read somewhere that it was goats.
There must have been a heck of a lot of them though.
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Well said Bread.
What puzzles me is the fact that millions of years ago the whole of the northern hemisphere was covered in a layer of ice up to a mile thick. What caused that ice to melt if it was not ‘global warming’
Everyone from schools to old folks homes are asking us all to plant more trees. What is going to happen in ten/twenty years time. Someone is going to come along and cut down those trees to make room for more housing. No matter what we do we will not beat Mother Nature. If she wants to warm the planet up a couple of degrees then there is nothing we can do to stop her.

2 Likes

So the Sahara went from being fertile into a dessert due to natural climate change; you are saying. And just how does that logically lead to the assetion that man is not damaging the atmosphere in such a way as to lead to environmental disaster? :017:

What connection is there between those two things?

I read somewhere that you don’t know what you are talking about, and I know it is true because I wrote it.

None of that changes the fact that we have damaged the atmosphere. Having to deal with the whims of “Mother Nature” is problem enough -don’t you think- without our messing things up on top of it.

@Harbal show me a change that would not have happened anyway, Its stormy in August,so what go back to 1979, Fastnet. Scientist can’t even predict the hurricane season without some decree of +/- swing, this year they predicted a busy one, its been anything but, what’s caused that, did the weather pattern swing to Europe to cause the heat, or is this a once in 100 yrs event.

1 Like

If you refuse to believe what you are being told by people far smarter than you are, caricature, then I just suppose the rest of us will have to live with your foolishness, and be thankful that you and those like you are in the minority.

Are we

I think so.

@Harbal , for every one of you, there’s likely to be many fold through out the developing world who couldn’t give a rats arse.

1 Like

That’s fine with me, caricature; I don’t want a rat’s arse.

1 Like

I feel the same Meg, I worry about what the future holds for my grandchildren, I wouldn’t want to be a teenager right now…( fat chance anyway ) :cry:

1 Like

As you so frequently are, again you’re wrong.

You’re welcome.
:smiley:

I’m not onboard with this theory from Jeremy Deaton that the fertile Sahara became desert because of farming with goats. It sounds to me like a deflection to try and blame man for the change instead of other theories (which are mentioned by the author) such as orbit shift (which I think is more likely and also a reason for warming in other parts of the world).

I’m not surprised either that an author for Nexus Media (a climate change, eco friendly, green business) would have this view either, that man is to blame for everything bad in the world. Most of these people do because they get lots of free money from virtue signalling corporations and publicity from the green echo chamber… more fear, more money, more publicity.

Billions of years ago before man roamed the earth the UK was connected to mainland Europe by land, the seas changed over time due to warming (among a few other things) and the UK became an island as a result. Nothing to do with man - we weren’t even there. The dinosaurs became extinct because of a meteor that hit the earth, causing a dust cloud so big it blocked the sun and caused the ice age. Again, nothing to do with nasty horrible people. The earth has been warming up ever since.

The climate change lobbyists only point the finger at people who they blame for the problems - it’s absurd to think in this univariate way, especially if you are a scientist. But there again, if it is people to blame, then people will give money for them to fix the problem so they get lots of free money to go around the world in planes and ships, doing their research (like Thunberg and the rest of them).

So, no. I don’t believe a word of this article about goats destroying the Sahara Desert. He could be right … we may never know, but in order to turn a fertile area the size of the Sahara I think you would need a lot more than a few thousand goats to do it. More likely orbit shift.

1 Like

I will just leave these here, though I should add that like most of the rest when it comes to climate change it is theorizing.
Nobody can say for sure.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0959683616670470?journalCode=hola

Thanks, Bread!

My thoughts exactly!

Sadly, we may not be around to see them proved wrong!

:unamused:

1 Like

Agreed, Zaph!

My advice would be to stop worrying about it and get some shares in Hydrogen Heating Boilers, electric cars, etc.

“If you can’t beat it, join it”