Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Morning all.

Good luck Susie.

Did well yesterday, starting on the rubbish in one bedroom. I might have enough for an initial tip run. I don’t want to continue working there today as it overlooks the area where the roofer will be working. I’ll wander about the house finding something else to do, till he’s done.

I also had the gardener pop round yesterday evening, to quote for clearing/tidying the back garden. Just need to wait for him to give a date for the work. I want a lot doing. Told him I feel claustrophobic with how all the shrubs have grown, and the rose spiralling out of control over the shed and pergola. It is a tiny garden and I feel it has too much greenery. I am also hoping he can completely remove a small shrub. I want to buy a rose in the name of my late sister and have nowhere to put it.

Good morning all.
Quite late today, as I did not wake up until 0830.
So trying to catch up with the things I normally do in the mornings.
Later it will be lunch at Morrisons with my daughter, and a bit of shopping for her. Later dinner at hers.

Roofer here with his mate (who is holding the ladder). Tea and biscuits out there for them.

Did they finish the job Janet, is it all ok now.

Yes Susie, all done to my satisfaction.

That’s good.

Just had a phone call from the Hospital and my appointment for the Colonoscopy is Monday 22nd July at 8.30am, can’t eat anything from Sunday after 3pm.

Susie xx

Good, not long to wait.

Morning all.

No idea what I will get up to, apart from doing a clothes wash maybe.

Good morning all.
I have no idea what the weather is going to do today. It is cloudy and very warm.
My daughter is away at the IOW so I shall have to find things to do. I will clean out the pond filter, for a start. Then I may get the strimmer out.
This afternoon it is tea and cake with her down the road. A couple of others from the AgeUK will be there.

Good morning folks. Had a few spits of rain down ‘ere in Kent. Was going to cut the grass but decided to hang on till later, so for the time being I’ll trim some of the dead bits off the flowers. Have a nice day whatever your agenda. :wave:

Cish and Fhips Banyan at home this evening. Friends arriving with take away’s.
Help yourself Scrumpy. Feet Up. Fire burning!! [Well tis almost Mid Sumner day]
And putting the World to Rights.
:rofl: All the way too the Thunder Box

Morning.

A bit of shopping when the stores open, then once our friend/neighbour starts her shift in the shop (12-7), Holly and I will go in to see her for a chat. Holly has belly rubs.

Good morning all.
I have just had to find these pages again as it got completely wiped off my iPad.
But I am back with you all again.
So I did clean the pond pump and filter yesterday, and was surprised how much muck it had collected.
This one is much better than the previous one I had, as that had to be cleaned every couple of weeks when it stopped working.
I did not get to get the strimmer out. Maybe, just maybe I will try again later.
Sunny and warm here. I had a quiet and peaceful stroll around the fields earlier.
Now the noisy cricketers are arriving.

Morning all, n ice and sunny here and warm.

Have been for a little walk down at the Sea front.

Making an Chinese Chicken Stir Fry for dinner.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning all.
Off to Sainsburys shortly, I might make a bread, and that is the only plans for today so far.
I did get the strimmer out yesterday, and strimed what needed to be done.

Morning all.

I first need to make a start on cleaning the inside of the microwave. I failed to cover a dish with spag Bol yesterday, so made a bit of a mess. Tut. Have started off, by heating a jug of water with lemon juice in, next will be using a cleaning spray, and let that soak in.

Holly has her groom at 11.30 so I will finish off the micro later.

Good morning all, lovely and sunny here.

Got to go to the Hospital now for another blood test, they are keeping tabs on my Platelets.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning all.
Nice out and did my walk. I keep finding things on the field that the foxes have dragged from the gardens backing onto the field. I found that looks like a luggage strap. I have posted it on our roads whatsApp.
Off again later to Sainsburys with my daughter, for her shopping.
Well it gets me out.

Morning all.

Hope the readings are ok, Susie.

Just our cafe meet this morning. I think we will be full this week. All those who couldn’t come last Tuesday have promised to be there today. May need extra chairs or another table.

Then I plan on speaking to my ex neighbour back in London.

I cook a bowl of porage in the microwave in the cooler months. If the mix has too little water it flows down the side of the bowl like some kind of volcanic lava spreading over the glass plate. Mushroom soup also seems to spatter if I don’t use a cover.

1 Like