Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Definitely cooler.

Morning all

Blazing hot here still, having a mug of Yorshire Tes and wondering that there’s nothing Yorkshire about the place it was grown.

Lots of big DIY jobs hanging over me

Morning.

It was cooler this morning, but the heat is coming up now, says 24c.

Morning all.

It got very hot again yesterday. Close, as they say. But this morning there is a breeze. Had to shut my bedroom window, till I can shower, then in a short while will fully load the car and keep the door open.

Will check out at 9, when reception is open. No need to wait till 10. I want to get home, get a clothes wash going and to dry, to take some of the items back out with me. My dressing gown and kaftan, for instance. Put chilled food in fridge till ready to leave and restock.

Check in at other caravan is at 4. If I have time I might shoot off to the library and collect the Peter James book I have on reserve, They Thought I was Dead. I read an entire Martina Cole here in just a couple of days and have started another novel. That’s how relaxed I was.

Good morning all.
First job today is to get to the post office to pay a cheque into my account that I got from the DVLC as a refund of the tax from the Renault.
That is now been SORN and is parked on the front of the property down the road.
I realised that I am still the owner of it. Gosh, I am the owner of 2 vehicles.
Lunch at Morrisons later with my daughter, and a bit of shopping, then dinner at hers later.
SIL is coming home today as he had to go to Antigua for business for a few days.
The weather here is already clouding up.

Emjay, best get that form off to the DVLA.

I was pleased to get an email the other day, my blue badge application has been accepted. All that effort paid off, scanning in and sending hospital and gp letters.

Home. Clothes wash is on, have unpacked chilled stuff for now and will take less with me to the next place.

Washing out in the wind to dry. Had a cuppa (or two). Blanched some broad beans I bought from the gift shop the other day. Will freeze before I leave. Might have mentioned, there were other veg, and any money paid goes into a charity box.

Off to the library shortly. If I get the bus leaving around 11.22, I can get the 11.50 back.

Driving to the second caravan park, I approached Susie’s house and saw her husband pull up, just at the same time. I beeped and waved frantically. Wonder if you saw me, Susie?

1 Like

Yes we saw you alright, I did wave back.

2 Likes

Good morning all, another beautiful morning here in Suffolk, Janet will be pleased that its sunny.

Off to the shops at 8am.

Have a nice day all.

Morning.

Yes, another sunny day. Off to Norwich today by two buses. Takeaway Toby carvery meal for later, which will go in the oven.

Good morning all.
It’s getting warm again.
I don’t know what I shall be doing today. My daughter has just arrived in the IOW. My grandson is in a shepherds hut ( that’s what they call these cabins) in Little clacton.
He said he will go and look at the chalet that we had in St Oysth.
So I am here by myself to do what I want to do. I might give her down the road a call to see what she is up to.

Morning all.

I enjoyed my time in Norwich. Spent on new clothes, a new pull along shopping trolley as my one is falling apart, and in Lakeland I got a reduced price clothes steamer and a butter knife.

Went to see my nieces and nephews who were loading the skip with stuff from the house, then I took my shopping home and came back with my own pillow and a new mattress topper. Struggled with the oven controls, and the microwave. Tv reception very poor, so I sat reading my library book in silence,

Off to Gt Yarmouth today. There is a wheels festival on so should be interesting. I will make sure I have something nice to eat. Found a manual online for the oven but have already put my intended meal in the freezer.

Morning all, dull and cloudy here.

Have a nice time Janet.

Have a good day all.

Good morning all.
Just back from my cat duty.
At the moment I am getting 32 mpg from this little motor. Bit better than the Renault, what?
Weather is overcast and it is raining on the IOW.
Nothing planed yet for the rest of today.

What do you do when the world is sleeping and the castle is all yours?

Hello Roo :slightly_smiling_face: a warm welcome to Over50sChat……

Hi Roo, welcome to Chit Chat, we are all friendly on here.

Hello @Roo Roo welcome to the forum

Good morning all, no sun yet.
Have done my washing, that’s outside on the washing line.
Off to do our weekly shopping after breakfast, then got to pop into the Doctors Surgery, to get them to change my prescription, have got new needles for my Insulin.

That’s good milage Emjay 32 mpg.

Have a nice day all.