Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Morning all.

Enjoy your new car, Emjay.

Boring housework for me today, hoovering. Then I will think about packing for next week. Yes, bit early yet but rather than leave it till last minute…

Good morning all.
It is not so bright at the moment, but them that think they know say it will get better.
Expensive business owning a car these days. Gone are the days that I could insure a willys jeep for £10.
So for this Hyundai i10, insurance £1,200 and something.
Road tax £190. Service, £217.(did not do a lot. Oil change, oil and air filters) Valet £20. And they missed bits.
Coming back from my daughter’s last evening, 28mpg. That’s better.

Morning all.

Yes Emjay, owning a car does drain the finances somewhat.

Will go to sister’s house, see if the electric needs topping up. Save them doing it next weekend. They will have enough to do, loading up the skip with her belongings.

Then I can do a shop in Aldi.

Good morning all, brilliant sunshine here.

A bit of sunbathing for me today.

Janet, have a nice holiday.

Have a good day all.

Morning all.

Thanks Susie, I don’t go till Tuesday. Lots to do before then.

Good morning all.
It’s looking like a good one today. Very warm already.
I have already topped up the pond as it was getting low. Also cleaned the top of the pump and that is looking good.
I got one very wet foot in the process.
I still have to sort out the stuff that accumulated in the other car, this is in bags in the garage.

Got a clothes wash on, including the ones I wear day in day out. Hoping they will dry before lunchtime.

Morning all, another beautiful sunny day here.

Got sunburnt yesturday.

Got Doctors app. at 9am this morning regarding my MRI results.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

I had a nice long sit in the garden yesterday, reading and enjoying the sun. Very little noise. The cockerel has definitely gone, yay! Talking to a bloke who lives a few doors down on that road and he said he saw it go.

Susie, good luck with results.

I have a lot to be getting on with today, so will crack on, after my breakfast.

Good morning all.
I am a bit late today, so must crack on.
Had a good afternoon with my grandson. That’s my daughter’s son, not my son’s one who I rarely see.
Going to Sainsburys shortly.
Very warm here, but I can see clouds forming already.

Good morning all, another beautiful hot sunny day here.

Off to the Car Boot sale this morning, then back to sunbathing.

Have a nice break Janet.

Morning.

Thanks Susie.

Back on here later today, providing I get a wifi signal.

Good morning all.
Phew! :hot_face:
I don’t have any plans for today yet, except I shall accompany my daughter to Sainsburys again for her shopping.
Apart from that? Just trying to stay cool.
Yesterday I did attempt to fill up the newish car with petrol. The filling was so slow. It kept of clicking off. This needs to be investigated. I just think I was doing something wrong.

It’s already scorching. Most of the stuff is in the car, will do the rest when back from cafe meet.

Showered and have a few moments to catch my breath.

Emjay, maybe the angle of the filler hose.

Must have been the pump you were using as this has happened to me a couple of times.

1 Like

Morning all.

A misty morning but I reckon it will soon clear.

Bed very soft and comfortable in the caravan. Best I’ve slept in! But my hips hurt as I did a lot of walking yesterday afternoon, with a backpack on, inside which was my handbag. Doh. I also bought a bag of broad beans in the gift shop. Someone donates what they grow, she puts the money to charity. Found some seats and sat there staring out to sea. Lovely.

Watching a little rabbit on the grass opposite. Seems to have been there ages. Ooh, just spotted another one.

1 Like

Morning all, dull and cloudy here.

Glad you are enjoying yourself Janet.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning all.
Another :hot_face:day here.
Off to the AgeUK coffee morning later.
I have just had my usual walk around the fields. No foxes seen. I saw a total of 5 a few days ago.
Car and filling problem.
I believe that I had the pump nozzle in to far and the air could not escape.
I will remember not to do this when I fill up again maybe next year. :thinking:

Morning all.

My last full day at this first caravan park. Hoping to get a bus to Southwold, stay for a few hours. Then home in the morning, to do it ll over again. :grinning:

Good morning all.
Looks like summer is over here. Very overcast and a cool breeze now.
So for today. Cleaning lady comes this morning, then after lunch, more cleaning out rubbish from down the road property.
We are going to attack the kitchen today.