Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Good morning all.
Sunny and warm here at the moment, but will it last?
We have the Chingford festival today and my daughter wants to go, so I am waiting for instructions.
I got my exhaust replaced yesterday. They did a good job and cost £300.
I think I said that I was going to get rid of it. Well I am doing an exchange.
Down the road where my son-in-laws parents lived is a Hyundai i10 auto. Very little milage done.
My SIL said that I can have it for a small fee and also he will take my car as well.
It is rather more complicated than is sounds.
Because the house is empty, he wants a car sitting on the front. Hoping that it is believed someone is still living there.

Morning all.

Emjay, does your SiL own that car? Wondering why a fee is payable.

Waiting for a roofer to call, expected at 9. Pfffft.

Might catch the 10.23 bus into town for the library, PO (withdraw cash) and B&M. Then when home am thinking of changing bed linen.

Well Jan he inherited it. I am donating the ‘small fee’ to my grandson.

I see.

Morning all, the Old Lady is here, opening her cards.
Have stripped the beds this morning, sheets on the line outside, but no sun yet.
Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

I need to get the washing machine on with bed linen. Stripped from the bed two weeks ago, lol.

Hope you have a lovely birthday, Susie. Any celebrations going on?

Good morning all.
This weather here just can’t make up its mind. Sunny one minute and the next raining.
Yesterday we had lightning and thunder.
For lunch today, my daughter is taking me to my favourite carvery.

Morning all.

Emjay, which carvery do you like? Brother, SiL and I usually go to the Toby next to the Premier Inn, Woodford. I expect it’s the only one in the area now.

Hope to change the bed linen today, having washed what I took off two weeks ago, in non bio cleaner and comfort. Hoping it will stop me itching. Then hoover round.

A stay at home with dog day again. Don’t need to go out yet.

Good morning all.
Sunny and warm here. Will it last though?
Yes Jan that is the one we go to. As expected it was very crowded when we got there, and my daughter did book so that was OK.
Just got a bread making, and going to Sainsburys very soon.
I have ordered a new battery for the car down the road, soon to be mine.

Morning all.

Cafe meet this morning, then I might go out shopping after the lunchtime dog walk. I’ll see.

Good morning all.
I have just come back from my morning stroll around the fields. 5 of the foxes seen and I think some of them recognise me and don’t run away.
I expect I shall accompany my daughter to Sainsburys later whilst she does her shopping.
The new battery might come today, and so I shall go again to Argos in Sainsburys to collect it.
Weather here is warm and a weak sun is up there somewhere.

It’s nice here Emjay. A pleasant long dog walk,

Morning all. Mostly just Emjay and myself nowadays.

A quick trip to Tescos this morning, then at 1pm I’m expecting a window repairer. The one in the middle bedroom, its hinges have gone. It’s a struggle to open it so hope he has the tools and means to do it.

Nice sunshine streaming through my bedroom window. Hope it lasts.

Morning all, nice sunshine here.

|Nothing planned for the day.

Janet, have you sorted out the leak yet?

Have a nice day all.

Good morning Jan and anyone else that follows.
It’s a bit gloomy looking at the moment.
I received the battery for the other car, and fitted it no problems.
Seeing as it has been sitting at its location for nearly a year, it started instantly.
I have organised a service and MOT for Friday. Also a valeting at the same place.
I will get the insurance swapped for Friday as well.
Off to the AgeUK later. Her down the road is not going, as she just texted me that she has a tooth ache.

Susie, not yet. I need to move a full storage box from the path so roofers can get their ladders up for a proper look.

Morning all, its beautiful and sunny and hot outside.

Hope to get a bit of sun on me today.

Nothing planned for the day, apart from picking up my medications.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

A trip into town for me. Posting an important letter in the PO Box* (so I know it is safe), and returning some library books. If I feel like it, might pop into the over 60s club, see if my friends are in there, and join them for a cuppa.

*PO is inside a WH Smith. I don’t trust the post box in the wall near me.

Good morning all.
Also a loverly day here at the moment.
The longest day today, so from tomorrow it will be downhill I expect.
Cleaning lady here this morning, and more house clearing with my daughter later this afternoon.

Good morning all. It’s me again.
I was up early this morning, and I already have swapped motors. I am taking it to have a service, MOT, and a valet very shortly.
I have already evicted a couple of spiders.
Blue sky, sunshine and already quite warm.